My car wont start

Reaction score
98 Honda Accord Ex 4cyl and my car wont start. I bought a new battery last year of May and within few months my battery died and I replaced it with a new battery on November and now again my battery died so I replaced it back again but this time my car wont start. I'm not sure if it's alternator causing problems or Bad Starter any suggestions would be appreciate thanks. It has 145,000 miles on it and It does cranks but doesn't start.

Gotta Be Marc

Reaction score
go to autozone, let them test the battery.

If the battery comes up good, but low charge, then its probably altn.

if battery comes up bad, tell them how many times you changed it first....

you can also take out the altn. and let them test that too.

Reaction score
Thanks Gotta Be Marc, I actually tapped the Alternator with a hammer and it started and works fine. I did went to autozone and explained them how many times I changed my battery and I did tapped on the alternator today and it works fine. The guy at Autozone put cables on my car's battery and tested and told me everything works fine but If I need to make sure exact if my alternator is not working then I have to take out the alternator and bring it in so he can tell me exactly if alternator is ok or bad and he suggest maybe some electrical wires or starter. So I think I might take out the alternator and maybe take it to autozone just to make sure it's fine what do you think?

Tphong

Reaction score
I think it's your alternator. Batteries don't really die unless the alternator is bad. If your car's running, the alternator should recharge your battery. If the battery's still dying then this is most likely your problem, unless you leave something on like headlights overnight. You can tell when you have a bad starter when your car doesn't turn over at all and all you hear is a click.

Reaction score
Thanks Tphong, I bought a alternator from Autozone and replaced it with new one and everything works fine.

Back