My First 6th Gen

g3integragsr

Reaction score
id like to see how bad your roof was. mine is oxidized also, and id rather do this then get the whole car painted

Here are some before pictures - (note the trunk lid was as bad as the roof if not worse a few days prior to detailing the entire car):
Before2.jpg

Before5.jpg

Before7.jpg

Before8.jpg

The Car was wetsanded with 1500 grit, then followed with 2000 grit. It was then buffed twice with Mequiars M105 Ultra Cut Compound using a 3M Wool Pad, and Polished with Mequiars Ultimate Polish using a 3M Waffle Pad.

I don't have any after pictures with my camera... so I'll just reuse his (this was after polish, before wax):

IMG-20120223-00062.jpg

HPIM2021.jpg

Polishednowax3.jpg

We haven't had the chance yet to get good outside pictures of it waxed and completed yet because it went from sunny and 65-70 two days in a row... to 32 and snowing :|

Last edited:

Lboogy*CnTX

Reaction score
didnt read all the way through the thread... lol but yea both of them!!! and the accord is lookin badd :booty: now!!

g3integragsr

Reaction score
didnt read all the way through the thread... lol but yea both of them!!! and the accord is lookin badd :booty: now!!

Lol right on. (I'm his brother) The white one in the garage is mine. I just finished doing a **** ton of body work, rust repair, ect and painting it myself. Just decided to teach myself how to do all of it. In the process of learning that is where I learned how to do all this detailing and paint repair. So we decided to tackle his rough looking paint. Definetly paid off that's for sure

magicman1215

Reaction score
Nice job bringing that paint back to life. I need to do the same to my roof. I was just going to get a bike rack, but i don't even own a bike....:hide:

Back