My J32A2/6MT -> 2001 V6 Accord Swap Thread

sonni_kuba

6GA Supporting Member
Reaction score
UPDATE 10

Car is ready to go, just waiting for the spacers to be machined ...
Going over this Friday for a test drive ... without hood :p

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
When did you drop the car off? Seems like this was super quick lol. Enjoy the maiden voyage. :driving:

sonni_kuba

6GA Supporting Member
Reaction score
When did you drop the car off? Seems like this was super quick lol. Enjoy the maiden voyage. :driving:

Dropped it of mid January, but they just started working on it late Feb. By the way, I sent them about 10 links from this site, helped a lot!

SykVSyx

Reaction score
If all goes well and I can make it out tomorrow, we should see if we can find somewhere to see what the outcome of a J32 vs a J35 would be.

I'm thinking the advantage goes to you because of the weight difference between the cars(sedan vs Coupe/my audio setup) and me to you(possibly).

IF such is the case, there will have to be some type of re-match once my internals are done!

:Big Laugh:

sonni_kuba

6GA Supporting Member
Reaction score
If all goes well and I can make it out tomorrow, we should see if we can find somewhere to see what the outcome of a J32 vs a J35 would be.

I'm thinking the advantage goes to you because of the weight difference between the cars(sedan vs Coupe/my audio setup) and me to you(possibly).

IF such is the case, there will have to be some type of re-match once my internals are done!

:Big Laugh:

I'm a little fearful of the displacement disadvantage, and the fact that I haven't used 3 pedals since 2011 :hide: Ha Ha

Looking forward to hearing the new sound :headbang:

SykVSyx

Reaction score
You know, I don't think there is a huge disadvantage between the two.

The J32 is a faster engine, the J35 has more torque.

On paper the numbers may be in favour of the J35, but with the 6spd, I would say more often than not, in the same car, the J32 would probably take it. A 6spd J35 setup would be ideal, of course, and would make for a good comparison.

Save having the 6spd option on the J35, upgrading the internals I am hoping will increase the numbers for me.

Shoot me a text when you are making your way to the shop.

Back