My Worklog

dynasty

Reaction score
New update! I finally painted my WHOLE front bumper. It cost me around $60 including 1 primer, 4x spray can, 2 clear coat spray, and 2 hard'soft sand paper. It took me about 2 weeks to work on it. If i wasn't busy, it would take me at least 2-3 days. I got quoted for how much it would cost for a full paint on my bumper. It cost around $250 at Maaco. But here is the results of the 2/3 final product. The color match looks similar huh? HAHA. All i need to do left is clear coat it about 2-3 more layers. Spray about 1 and a half layer already. It feels like microfiber right now so it's not smooth. After that, i will buff it just so it could shine. now with pictures!

DSCF0032.jpg

DSCF0033.jpg

you could kind of see the bump from the bondo-glass. but not very noticable at a distance.

DSCF0005.jpg

before..
DSCF0034.jpg

after.. i always forgot to post a picture of this. didn't blend in very well but it's something =)

DSCF0035.jpg

picture of my car in the garage. i decided to cut the lower grill on the front bumper. it didn't look all that 'aggressive'. i left the 2 sides so i could have fog lights holding it.

DSCF0036.jpg

here's a teaser. my front lip. what you see her is white primer. haven't painted with color match yet. after that, i will also add my 1st gen angel eyes. *crosses fingers* can't wait.

let me know what you think.

dynasty

Reaction score
WHOA! Haven't updated this section for a long time! I should name my worklog "Never ending worklog". LOL! but got some new mods put in.

DSCF0037.JPG

as you see here, i made my own 'secured' anti-theft deal that MIGHT protect from thieves stealing my subs. hope this could give other people ideas how to secure your subs better. i chose this because it was right behind my seats which thieves can't really access to it.

DSCF0038.JPG

here's a closer look. i basically have a door lock which i got from Home Depot and just screw it on. then i tucked the speaker wires through the hole tight so it can't be pulled out. at the end of the wire, i didn't really think of how i could lock it. but so far, it's hard to pull the wires since it's deep in the hole and it's very tight through loops of holes.

DSCF0039.JPG

some new mods i did. PSP mounted, cathodes lights, radar w/ hidden wires, and my volt gauges.

DSCF0040.JPG

Panasonic headunit, aftermarket shift knob, and my volt gauge. it currently reading 11.5 volts but the engine wasn't on so yea. if the engine was on and the alternator was working properly, it'll go to 12v.

that's it for now! i'm hooking up my LED tubes into my trunk where my subs are. so i'll take some pics of my subs/trunk tomorrow. good/bad comments are welcome. :D

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
looking good, like badger said might want to revisit the cathodes but other than that.

w/ decent grounds you should be able to hold 13.5v or so in your car when its running.

dynasty

Reaction score
Wildman said:
looking good, like badger said might want to revisit the cathodes but other than that.

w/ decent grounds you should be able to hold 13.5v or so in your car when its running.

yea. i didn't hide the lights that well. need to go deeper since it's flashing the passenger most of the time. LOL. at idle, the volt is 12v. but when it's running which the alternator is working, it goes up to around 13v. so that's normal i guess

shavedaccord said:
Cold Cathodes = bad

I thought about putting cathodes in my car until I read this:
http://www.casemodgod.com/ccfl_inverter_rant.htm

I also yanked them out of my computer case ASAP
so far, it haven't done anything yet. i have a volt meter so i can meter how much power it could use up. if the voltage is too much, my volt gauge would tell me. but other than that, i'm currently loving the brightness. for the computers, i'm not sure because i think it's because the cathodes couldn't handle the heat from the PC itself especially INSIDE a case. so that's how it blew up. if you found a link that showed the cathodes blew up from a car either inside/outside, i would def. take them off just for safety.

shavedaccord

Reaction score
Well if your computer case gets that hot inside in the first place your CPU, Chipset etc..would over heat and shut the computer down. So I don't think it has to do with that. I think it's more the inventers cause it.

dynasty

Reaction score
of course if there's more heat which the computer can't handle itself, it will shut down. but how about that 'add-on' cathodes? what if that can only handle 50% of heat but CPU for example could handle 70% of heat? would the computer shut down because cathodes can't handle it more than the CPU or other computer parts? you know what i mean? but same way with a vehicle though. but then again, i wired it to my corners so it's only on at night. plus, it's never on more than 30 minutes since my destination is mostly in my area.

Back