Need Help with Clutch Pedal

kn106518

Reaction score
why is my clutch pedal has no back pressure when i step on it now. i check the slave cylinder to see if there lack of oil, and put new brake Dot3 oil in it as it said on the cap. but still nothing.

Now is the Slave cylinder suppose to have a black rubber thing in it? my slave cylinder has a black rubber thing in it that hold the oil but, there no holes or anything so i don't know what is the use of that black rubber thing is for.

changaroo

Reaction score
did you check the master cylider? check the pedal itself / surrounding areas for leakage.

kn106518

Reaction score
oh snap, the master cylinder i replace the new one last time with the same problem happened. let me check for leakage then

finch13

Reaction score
Bleed the system and try again.

Look for fluid on the carpet in the car.

It's a hydraulic system, so if it doesn't do what it's supposed to it has a leak, be it air, fluid, or a seal.

Drift

Reaction score
Bleed the lines ^

:werd: I had to replace mine about a year ago, it took almost 3 hours of bleeding to finally get a good pedal.

Here is a trick. Take a bicycle tube, cut it and tie in a knot so that the valve is on top. Get a band clamp and clamp the other end to the master cylinder, inflate it to about 20psi so that there is a positive pressure on top. Then have someone pump the pedal a bleed it like you would a brake caliper. Its the only way Ive been successful on a regular basis. Bleeding clutch lines suck.

kn106518

Reaction score
well. problem solve, it turn out it's the slave cylinder, oil is leaking out of it. so i relace it already. seem to be working fine.

Back