Need help with O2 censor

all.i.see

Reaction score
So heres the dilly yo, long story short I went over a tie down and it jumped up and hooked on the wire connecting to my cat. Check engine light came on a day or so later took it into the dealership for diagnostic where they told me the O2 censor was loose so they put it back all dandy like for free. Light came back on later than night took it back in a few days later they tell the wire (maybe they told me censor too) has to be replaced sense it got yanked out from when I ran over the tie down. That fine I figured as much sense I knew that was probably going to happen from the beginning. Where I need help is the part is 150 and for them to do it they're charging 323 without the discount. Does anyone know if this can be a DIY? If so does anyone know the part number number to the O2 censor or anything dealing with this issue? also I was wondering if I deleted my cat or just got a highflow cat would this wire or censor even be needed sense its deleted? Thanks for the help.

Chris Vu

Reaction score
First off, your grammar is horrible O_O Second, if it’s just the wires are yanked out, why don’t you just solder them back into place ? Also, if you get another Cat, you’ll still need an O2 sensor .. there’s no getting around it really ..

all.i.see

Reaction score
Was in a rush today, so I don't really care about my grammar. As long as the point was conveyed Im fine. But, I don't know how to solder so thats out of the picture. The reason I asked about the cat was because if someone were to "delete" their cat then were would the wire go? My buddy has a GTI and he deleted his cat so does that mean he just doesn't have a censor? Either way Im just trying to figure out how to take care of this problem without spending 323 dollars.

Chris Vu

Reaction score
Oh. Soldering is really easy man. I went to radioshack and got a $10 solder to learn with and watched some youtube videos and now im able to solder pretty much anything .. i even do LED mods for xboxs and xbox controllers and those solder points are TINY .. i need a magnifying glass to see the solder points lol. i however started learning years ago, so my skills are much more refined now. Asfar as the cat delete, he probably had a bung welded onto the test pipe and used a defouler on it. Trust me, you should go learn to solder .. it'll take you all of maybe 30 minutes to do and save you a ton on replacing it ..

all.i.see

Reaction score
Really?! Hmm I thought it would be harder. Thanks for the advice I'll definitely try and pick that up. The light hasn't come back on sense I last took it in but once it does I'll look at the censor myself and see what's up with it myself. Appreciate the help!

Back