Need your opinions on TL wheels

GoldnKnight22

TWM:TLMF
Reaction score
Any coilover will be able to achieve that drop. That is on Tein Basics, spun all the way down (and I'm pretty sure he removed one of the front collars, cuz I did, lol) If the Teins can go that low, pretty much any other coilover will too.

As far as price, its ok. BUt you're gonna have to add in $400+ for tires unless you get real cheap ones.

I got mine for $550 shipped with Toyo Proxes on them with 50% tread left. Just as a reference.

Oh, and don't plan on powdercoating the wheels if you use filler. It won't work. You'll have to paint them.

doublet

Reaction score
Those are really useful tips! Very good to know. Thanks! I was just looking at the Tein Basic coilovers last night. It's a bit pricey for me so I'm gonna keep trying to find used ones. Forgive my ignorance but can you elaborate on what you mean by removing the collar?

BTW, I love your Accord. If I didn't have one already I would definitely be interested in taking it off your hands. :p

Bada$$VTec

Reaction score
man ur very lucky u got them for that price cuz thats a big steal,i jus got mine today for $450 on michellin tires w/ 30% thred left n the only curbage is on 2 of the wheels but theyre not really noticalbe tho.But anyway gl w/ the painting n fixing of the wheel.

BTW i see ur a texan,welcome man..if u need any help lemme kno

doublet

Reaction score
Thanks for the offer man!

Did you get yours from a guy in Katy? I was looking at his ad on craigslist the other day too but luckily I found this one. :)

doublet

Reaction score
I'm looking at these coilovers now. I believe they're Eibach which some say is better than the Tein. These are 400 while new Tein's are close to 900. Why such a big difference in price? I must be missing something. Is there some missing parts that I need to mount it? I should be able to achieve that drop with these, correct?

Last edited:

Bada$$VTec

Reaction score
Thanks for the offer man!

Did you get yours from a guy in Katy? I was looking at his ad on craigslist the other day too but luckily I found this one. :)

yea i got mine frm the guy in katy,i was trying to even bargain him to take 400 for them but he said hes not going lesser than that cuz hes losing 150 already frm the wheels

Bada$$VTec

Reaction score
I'm looking at these coilovers now. I believe they're Eibach which some say is better than the Tein. These are 400 while new Tein's are close to 900. Why such a big difference in price? I must be missing something. Is there some missing parts that I need to mount it? I should be able to achieve that drop with these, correct?

Those are ground controls,they use eibachs springs..if ur gonna get them look at their application cuz there r the .01 and .02..the .01 can be paired w/ stock,tokico hp(blues) n tokico illumina while the .02 can be paired with koni,kyb,kyb agx or bilstein..and they both give a drop frm 0.5"-3.5".BUt i really dont kno much bout the teins,i'll advice u read the suspension rebiew thread to see wat ppl feel bout them.gl bro

Back