New G23 Thread

Kid2000EX

Reaction score
So Pirate posted something on H-T that a lot of people miss out on when trying the G23. How long do you think the motor will hold up? If its a DD it wont last forever. How many miles or how long do you think your motor will last with the G swap? I guess ill direct this to Roy since he has it done.

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
^^r u talking abt the balancer belt? u could get rid of it with a delete kit, but tht will make ur idle go to sh*t.... but if u stay with the H23 timing components, u should be fine as stated by pirate.... only thing i did different from him was tht my tensioner was modified to minimize the slack on the timing belt :thumbsup:

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
shouldn't be a problem if everything was done right imo... i'm more afraid for my tranny than i am for my motor lol

Kid2000EX

Reaction score
DarkSideAccord said:
shouldn't be a problem if everything was done right imo... i'm more afraid for my tranny than i am for my motor lol

Everyone with a 6thgen should be afraid. We were given the worst trannys ever.

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
nahh.. the 5 spd tranny is standard Honda quality imo.... it's just the v6 trannies tht i have no faith in lol

i'm looking for something to tune my car with now... the guys tht did my swap knows a chrome (sp?) tuner, so we'll see.... still not sure if i wanna go chrome or just use my SAFC2...hmmmm

Kid2000EX

Reaction score
DarkSideAccord said:
nahh.. the 5 spd tranny is standard Honda quality imo.... it's just the v6 trannies tht i have no faith in lol

i'm looking for something to tune my car with now... the guys tht did my swap knows a chrome (sp?) tuner, so we'll see.... still not sure if i wanna go chrome or just use my SAFC2...hmmmm

Look for chrome or either use the SAFC2 or AFC Nea and give me the SAFC2. Chrome is best on a P13 though.

Sonnick

Reaction score
I forgot you're not even tuned..Roy you are gonna gain a lot more power when you are tuned. That cam and timing NEEDS to be tuned.

Back