New pads and rotors

atarikid07

Reaction score
Been away for a while cause I got an internship with BMW, but I'm all back into my V6 and I plan on doin alot more stuff to it! I wanna make it into a straight up sleeper.

I ordered some Brembo blanks and Hawk HPS so I'm gonna install all those tomorrow. Anything else you guys suggest doing while I'm doing this? I was thinking of bleeding my brakes or I don't know what. Or should I go ahead and change all the fluid? Is there a DIY on that that you guys can link me?

Also, I'm going to change out my oil by myself for the first time. My car takes 5W20 I think. What's a good brand I should go with, or is there a special Honda OEM that is most recommended?

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
regrease the pins and boots of the calipers as well... as for the other stuff, pls search ;)

Raymond

Reaction score
Where did you buy the rotors and pads from? That's the same setup I want and I want a good deal lol

SeanXtec

Reaction score
You're car should take 5w30 or 10w30. Check the user manual....
Unless you're experiencing further-than-normal pedal travel when braking or just bad braking, you shouldn't need to bleed them.

Last edited:

atarikid07

Reaction score
Where did you buy the rotors and pads from? That's the same setup I want and I want a good deal lol

Tirerack.com. Brembo's were about $55 ea. and pad were $85 front and $60 rear or something. CHeck the site.

You're car should take 5w30 or 10w30. Check the user manual....
Unless you're experiencing further-than-normal pedal travel when braking or bad braking, you shouldn't need to bleed your brakes.

It's probably 5W30. I probably don't remember right.

But yea, I'll regrease. Should I change out brake fluid?

finch13

Reaction score
Hawk HPS should run around $55 for the fronts, I don't know about the rears. Possibly because of the I4/V6 difference?

How long ago was the brake fluid changed? If never, then you should change it. Basically, you just bleed the brakes until clean fluid comes out and keep the brake fluid reservoir full. Start at the farther brake from the master cylinder and work towards the closest.

Last edited:

[email protected].

Reaction score
How long ago was the brake fluid changed? If never, then you should change it. Basically, you just bleed the brakes until clean fluid comes out and keep the brake fluid reservoir full. Start at the farther brake from the master cylinder and work towards the closest.

+1... one of the best things you can do for all the rubber seals in your brake system is keep the fluid fresh.

finch13

Reaction score
Honda did make a switch in the K-sereis and the J-sereis engines to 5W-20... I believe it was a service bulletin... and they may have even given out new oil caps with 5W-20 on them instead... not sure if it applies to the F23 though.

They basically made the switch to improve gas mileage numbers, as far as I know. 5W-20 and 5W-30 are nearly identical, you will notice a slight increase in MPG, at the expense of burning a bit more oil. I still use 5W-30 though...

This is what I've read/heard from techs on other forums, so take it with a grain of salt if you wish.

atarikid07

Reaction score
I think my sticker from the dealership says 5W-20 is why I said it in the first place.

What about our rear brake setup? How does the parking brake fit into it? Do we have a rear drum along with the rotors? If so, how does taking apart the calipers and stuff fit into the parking brake? Is there a process for all of this? I looked at the Master DIY list and filtsai but nothing about parking brakes or anything, so I'm assuming I don't need to touch anything.

Back