New Sound System: Sedan

confuseid

Reaction score
So I was screwing my speakers into the wooden baffle and guess what happened. Just my luck. I cut the screws to fit pretty flush with the wood and one of them (the very last one) popped off and cut a hole in my speaker. Dooes anyone know if this is just aesthetic and won't damage the quality of the speaker? I was so mad.

DSCF0845.jpg

DSCF0848.jpg

DSCF0849.jpg

Last edited:

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Shouldn't really be a big issue, since it's not a sub that is going to get alot of movement. It's a small hole that you might actually be able to patch from the underside. :thinking:

confuseid

Reaction score
Wow I was so close to being done.
Parts Express sold me a bad Positive Terminal connection.

Here are some pictures of how ****ty that piece of **** is.

DSCF0850.jpg

DSCF0851.jpg

I bought my negative terminal from millionbuy.com, which was a little small, but I sanded down the negative block on the battery. My positive terminal is from partsexpress.com and it is too big. (Worse than too small)
No matter how much I tighten it, it still retains a gap because the ring around the terminal was built too wide.
It moves around very easily, and I don't wanna drive around with an unsecure battery terminal.
I accidently left my soldering iron on in my car and it melted a huge hole in the plastic center interior trim on the passenger side of the cupholder. I need to buy a cold solder.
I put a temporary bracket on the positive terminal to keep it in place.

Tried to start the system. Failure.
Tests: Amp turns on when HU turns on. Remo: Good.
RCA Cables: Well I don't even know what those do, so I guess they're good. Tried flipping them in the Amp R/L positions to see if it made a difference. Nope.
Speakers: don't work.
Tomorrow: will use a continuity check between crossovers and all speaker wires to see if its in right.
I am pretty damn sure I spent a ton of time making sure I had the right wires in the right places, so I doubt those continuity checks will yield any results. I don't know what the hell the problem is. Such a dissapointing way to end the 4th day of this.
****UPDATE*****

So after a couple weeks of this, and talking to caraudio.com...
The amplifier came with the game turned completely off. I adjusted the gain, and now the sound comes out.
Thanks to all who've helped.

Last edited:
Back