*NEW UPDATE* 03-23-11 imaricer:)'s 1999 Sedan LX

Chris Vu

Reaction score
Re: imaricer:)'s 1999 Sedan LX *UPDATED 12/09/10*

Fail. Hows that emote even a response to his ? Lol.

And yes ricer, you should just save up for coils and skip the whole buying Tokico's and then reselling when you have the money for coils .. when it comes to your car, you should always do it right the first time :) that's how I think anyways .. cuz i'm not rich .. I so wish i were ..:boohoo:

av6_sm1ke

Reaction score

^^ This. Quick fixes are fine if you need to fix something that's broken, but since your OEM shocks are still good, just rock those til you save up enough to get coilovers or until something breaks and you're forced to replace them with a cheaper alternative.

Geewiz

Reaction score

I've been through 2 sets of egay aftermarket projector headlamps and dying HID ballasts. It's an expensive endeavor right now but did proper research and wanted retrofit but also I didn't want to screw that up myself so I'm having Lightwerkz in NJ do it with a pair of brand new OEM headlamps I had shipped to them straight from an OEM dealer, Morimoto H1 projectors, E46 shrowds, blackhoused, Laminix'd, and their Lightwerkz bi-xenon ballasts.

I also had egay headers and the flexpipe in front of the cat broke. Ended up doing proper once again after this by getting DC Sports ceramic headers.

I have a "fart-can" with a silencer maybe even bigger than yours, but I have a fiberglass kit rear end and I have the muffler repositioned from stock to fit a slightly more left and raised slot. Once again I rather have something more discrete like Magnaflow.

I have more examples but you get the point. I'm currently just about ready to get AMRs or F&F Type IIs or something that is higher end after I get the paint work done i told you about earlier.

Your car already looks descent, so don't rush the drop until you can get what you want in the end!

imaricer:)

Reaction score

I've been through 2 sets of egay aftermarket projector headlamps and dying HID ballasts. It's an expensive endeavor right now but did proper research and wanted retrofit but also I didn't want to screw that up myself so I'm having Lightwerkz in NJ do it with a pair of brand new OEM headlamps I had shipped to them straight from an OEM dealer, Morimoto H1 projectors, E46 shrowds, blackhoused, Laminix'd, and their Lightwerkz bi-xenon ballasts.

I also had egay headers and the flexpipe in front of the cat broke. Ended up doing proper once again after this by getting DC Sports ceramic headers.

I have a "fart-can" with a silencer maybe even bigger than yours, but I have a fiberglass kit rear end and I have the muffler repositioned from stock to fit a slightly more left and raised slot. Once again I rather have something more discrete like Magnaflow.

I have more examples but you get the point. I'm currently just about ready to get AMRs or F&F Type IIs or something that is higher end after I get the paint work done i told you about earlier.

Your car already looks descent, so don't rush the drop until you can get what you want in the end!

thanks man.

yeah i feel you on the cheap parts stuff. the only cheap thing i have is my intake and it hasnt really failed on me lol. intakes an intake really.

oh and my exhaust isnt THAT loud and ricey sounding at all really. even w the silencer out. my friend who is a mustang fan and hates imports even likes the way it sounds.

when i get my hands on a cam corder ill post a vid up on my MR page of me revving the shi* out of it lol. gotta do my name proud :lawl:

Geewiz

Reaction score

Revving your exhaust just for a video, yea that would be a little ricey!

I have egay CAI too but I replaced the filter. Might go to a SRI instead...or once again just wait since I'm not the biggest fan of my catback and just wait til near end of year and find a shop to custom turbo me with an AEM EMS and all new custom exhaust with downpipe which leads to ditched DC headers for turbo manifold, BOV, wastegate, snail, engine taps for oil for snail and additional gauges, etc. God, I like to get ahead of myself.

Reaction score

Revving your exhaust just for a video, yea that would be a little ricey!

I have egay CAI too but I replaced the filter. Might go to a SRI instead...or once again just wait since I'm not the biggest fan of my catback and just wait til near end of year and find a shop to custom turbo me with an AEM EMS and all new custom exhaust with downpipe which leads to ditched DC headers for turbo manifold, BOV, wastegate, snail, engine taps for oil for snail and additional gauges, etc. God, I like to get ahead of myself.

just so you can get an idea of the sound. there are a cple other members here who are curious to hear what it sounds like.

yeah i get ahead of myself a lot too :roy:

Geewiz

Reaction score
Re: **UPDATE** 03-22-11 imaricer:)'s 1999 Sedan LX

The last pick makes it look like those coil sleeves already broke and your nose of the car is holding the car up. GL with those.

Reaction score
Re: **UPDATE** 03-22-11 imaricer:)'s 1999 Sedan LX

The last pick makes it look like those coil sleeves already broke and your nose of the car is holding the car up. GL with those.

the drive way is at an angle???

the sleeves are a lil more than half way down and show no signs of failure...

yet...

Back