New Wheels

JdmInspireJ30

Reaction score
Ya im probably gunna be buying wheels soon and have a few questions, i have tein S tech springs so roughly 2inch drop, and im pretty sure i want 18x7.5, maybe some bronze rota's on my emerald green coupe and wondered if anyone has any issued with a 40 series sidewall? and is rubbin that bad>?

thanks.

lashlee

Reaction score
I've got 18" bronze Konig's with a 225/40 sitting on Neuspeed springs with about the same drop and only rub during hard cornering when I hit a bump mid corner.

I love how mine looks, with the green and bronze.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
most of everything you mentioned in your post has nothing to do with the tires rubbing.

things that matter for tires rubbing are the wheels width (which you mentioned), the wheels offset, and the tires width that youre going with. on a 7.5, personally, id put a 215 tire on it. so what you really need to know is the offset....and if its anything above +42, you shouldnt have any problems with rubbing. even if its +42 or lower, you might rub, a little. i used to have a 215 on a 17x7 +42 wheel, and barely rubbed.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
nah, i never rocked em on my current accord. they were on my old 98. theyd slightly rub occasionally over some bumps, but nothing to care about.

i had them on my 99 for a day once before i sold them, it wasnt too bad.

Fundillo

Reaction score
i have 215/45s on my 17x7 +40 n they rub at full lock a bit and when going up inclines with the wheels turned about half way

Back