noobie to suspension...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Misterd0505

Reaction score
hey guys what's up... i'm lookin to drop my car. i want a nice stiff suspension, but i've never really done any suspension mods before... any ideas on how i should go about doin this?... i'm lookin for performance, not cost..

minituck04

Reaction score
well just save your money and do it right the first time. you will thank yourself later. if you get affordable springs and struts youll still be spending a good bit. iapdirect.com sells omni sport coilovers for 650 shipped. all you have to do is swap out your factory stuff for these. if not just look in the black market and you can get someones used stuff that doesnt come with a warranty and my cause you headaches in the future with sagging springs or blown struts. just a heads up. plus with full coilovers you can adjust your height instead of being stuck with the drop springs give you. gives you more room to play with and in the future you can go up or down with it. plenty of people on here are going to agree with me

IMG_4547.jpg

FallenAngelHIM

Reaction score
i'm lookin for performance, not cost..

i hope this means price isn't a problem.
you cannot get performance for cheap unless you plan on blowing the car up.

you want stiff? try Skunk2 sleeves adjustable height for that slammed or rally look. grab yourself a pair of Tokico blues. that will run you about $500+another $120 for install and you will have a really sharp handling ride.

pick up suspension techniques sway bar front and rear and your handling will be like a bumble bee.

get yourself some camber and toes and you will have great adjustability.

go for some lightweight 17s with some nice tires and the road is yours.

legendaryyaj

Reaction score
Tokico blues are not even performance struts. Why recommend them? They are stock replacements as are the GR-2's.

Get a set of Koni Yellow's with Ground Control coilovers with custom spring rates.

hendizzlez

Reaction score
omni's are really low on coilovers for 6thgenaccords... i got one of the last few sets

do what steve (icyaccord) said.. they have dampening adjustability :thumbsup:

turbocayenne

Reaction score
Tokico blues are not even performance struts. Why recommend them? They are stock replacements as are the GR-2's.

Get a set of Koni Yellow's with Ground Control coilovers with custom spring rates.

tokico blues is not stock replacements like GR-2. it's good with lowering spring, but the performance is not as good as koni yellow or tokico illumina.

Koni yellow's and GC coilover with custom spring rates are :omgbd:

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
There's so many threads on springs/coilovers/shocks that any more from now I'm gonna lock unless its something a little more "technical" in nature.

We have a search feature for a reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back