Not what I set out to do, but nevertheless...

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
I wouldnt worry about focal depth at all sense you just have a point and shoot. even if you did have a fancy camera to take that first pic and that street sign was blurry, it still takes up too much space in the picture and it draws a person's eye to it instead of the car.

personally I dont think your distance from the car is all that bad sense you're trying to show off the S bend (tho being closer to the car wouldnt hurt either). The issue is the angle of the car - you're showing too much of just the front or rear, you need to be able to see a lot more of the side. that would make your car look bigger and take up more space in the picture while still showing the road. I'd also recommend angling your car in the road instead of it looking like you were driving and just stopped. either angle it in the middle of the road or just in your lane.

That third pic i think is a good angle of the road, the car's just sitting in the wrong spot. if it was driven a little farther forward and angled more to the left or right with the wheels turned itd look better. just my opinion tho...

The last 4 pics i think are fine. The one of just the front of your car and the honda on the wall works cause the viewer gets a sense of symmetry. that crz just throws it off a bit.

I've thought about taking pics on the road before but was worried about traffic. I'd recommend trying to get a friend to go with you. have them drop you off on the side of the road and then come back and tell them where to stop the car. Then they can duck, you take some pics, and then yell at them to start driving again when a car comes. I haven't done it yet but I'm planning on getting my gf to help me do that sometime cause i know a few spots I'd like to take pics on the road.

You could try looking at mine or Raymond's flickr accounts to get a sense of angles to take pics from. Raymond shoots with a wide angle lens which helps his look better than everyone else's. I wanna get a wide angle lens eventually but I just don't have $600 lay around haha.

...just trying to help. next time you take pics can you take one directly from the side of the car, showing the whole car? i'm still wanting to see how that roof spoiler flows with the rest of the car

The C&C is welcome. I'm really a photographer by hobby so I like learning. I wish I could achieve more, but I'm just not ready to spend the money for a proper camera.

I would have loved to angle the car in the road, and I regret not taking closer shots. I also wish I had not had that first sign be so big, that photo could have been really cool. I thought about photoshopping the CRZ out in that pic, but I already didn't like it so I said the hell with it. lol

I'll get a profile shot of the entire car, so you can see how the roof spoiler flows. Here's a few from V6P...
http://www.v6performance.net/forums/showpost.php?p=1835562&postcount=1974

http://www.v6performance.net/forums/showpost.php?p=1839921&postcount=2002

Thanks.

I still think you did well with the limitations you had. Can't wait to see how your pictures turn out in ideal conditions. :beer:

The Sony H3 was one of the higher end point-and-shoot cameras of its time. I had a chance to play with Sony's entire camera line-up when I was working there 2 years ago, but I never had a chance to use it to its full potential.

I wasn't trying to write off what you said man, your points are valid. Yeah for what the H3 is it's not bad.

Red lugs. Do it.

I've been looking actually. Found some Titek's but they wouldn't work. And the Rays were too big. The search continues...

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

Lovin the new wheels and photos man!

looking good.

Thank you all very much. ;)

Car looks perfect the way it is. I don't think it needs to be slammed.

lol thanks Matt. It's weird, from some angles the car looks lower than from others. Like I think it looks pretty low in all the photos except the last one. New suspension is in the works though...

Car looks good Chris. So you will be at the IA meet this weekend?

Thank you, Eric. I really want to go, had such an amazing experience back in July. But my fiance and I scheduled engagement photos to be take on on Saturday, and on Sunday I'm visiting my grandpa with my family. I will definitely be down next year for the big meet though!

vtec_905

Reaction score
grats on the engagement. Let me know if you're selling your old suspension set up in the future ;)

Back