OEM tweeters

CanadianEh48

Reaction score
these OEM tweeters suck. can i just unhook the speakers, or is there a crossover buried somewhere behind my dash that i should delete?

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
i think they just have a cap on them.

do something with the wires (on the car side) once they're unhooked, though. you'll need to shrink wrap them at the least, and dont let the wires fall down or you'll never see em again.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
eh they do it for a couple good reasons...on the other hand, them being there makes them perform badly.

its complicated :lawl:

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
the short of the long is...yeah, that's probably the best place for them.

putting them in the sail panels (mirror covers on the doors) puts the driver's side tweeter really close to your head, making it louder...when the passenger side needs to be louder since it's further away.

swollen_cu

Reaction score
the short of the long is...yeah, that's probably the best place for them.

putting them in the sail panels (mirror covers on the doors) puts the driver's side tweeter really close to your head, making it louder...when the passenger side needs to be louder since it's further away.

So where would be a good place to put the tweeters? Bottom of the a pillar (like i've seen most guys do on here ) or on top of the A-pillar right by your face?

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
depends on the tweeter and where its crossed over...if its closer to 6kHz (my passives are 5200Hz), then it doesnt matter as much since we're less sensitive to stage height over that point.

generally, you dont want them pointed right at you and/or pointed at each other. you also dont want them pointing at windshield and creating a reflection.

i'd experiment with them while playing music to see where they sound best.

PaulD

Reaction score
I tried tweets in the sail panels ... because the dash on the passenger side juts out so far I got two center images - one in the middle and one just above the glove box latch.

Back