Oil Leak!!

honda_dude

Reaction score
I got an oil leak now. it leaks right at the oil bolt. i brought it to the shop to get my oil change 2 oil change ago and they said my pan was stripped so they put a new bolt in it and it was ok for now. my last oil change which was about 1,000 miles ago they said it was ok but now its leaking.

Im thinkin i need a new oil pan or should i just change the bolt???

opinions and ideas/thoughts are welcome!!! :)

CG6Lemon

Detailing Enthusiast
Reaction score
try getting a new washer and bolt first. then properly tighten it and c how it goes from there.

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
New washer and/or gasket on the oil drain bolt. By the way, where the FAWK have you been man??? Isn't this the first time you have logged on since last May??? What's your story, c'mon, why don't you visit 6GA as often anymore?

RedAccord02

Reaction score
^^^ what he said if the washer fails maybe a factory bolt and washer?

F23A1AT

Reaction score
You should drop the pan clean the old gasket off. Replace the bolt and get a new gasket. Then put the pan back on.

honda_dude

Reaction score
New washer and/or gasket on the oil drain bolt. By the way, where the FAWK have you been man??? Isn't this the first time you have logged on since last May??? What's your story, c'mon, why don't you visit 6GA as often anymore?

lol. yea man i havent been on here since like foreverrrr. it feels good to be back! been busy with skool and work but im back..lol you'll see me on here more.

immma try to get a washer or a gasket and see if that helpss. btw, how hard it is to change the oil pan???

MrLazie1

Reaction score
if the bolt is stripped, the pan threads should be done too. its most likely cross threaded. just replace the pan and also the CORRECT bolt with the washer. you might need an oil pan gasket for the job.

nyknick1015

Reaction score
if u can get ur pan off, take it to a machine shop and have them rethread it. Some shops will do it with the pan on but not all. They would probably give u a bigger bolt when they re thread it. I just had it done to my motorcycle oil pan. it was only $35 and the machine shop did a DAMMMMNNN GOOOOODDD job

cheaper than buying a new pan right

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
Or just rethread it yourself with the pan still on the car, and flush it with used oil to get metal shavings out. Next get a bigger bolt as a drain plug, with proper washer/gasket. A magnetized plug would help as well (preferred), if they sell them a bigger caliber for other vehicles just get one of those and correct size tap. This can easily be a DIY job, if you have the right tools, and are smart about doing the work.

Back