One HID bulb bluer than the other out of no where??

mrphantastic

Reaction score
Hey guys,
So I've had my HIDs for 3+ years now and the other day I noticed that my driver side HID bulb is bluer than my passenger sides. The day before that, they were both equally white. So, it happened all of a sudden, which is really weird to me. They are 6000K 35W Digital HIDs bought from retro-solutions.com and they were bought AT THE SAME TIME in the same HID kit. Has this happened to anyone else? I'm thinking it could be the ballast, but not sure. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

chrismister2k1

Reaction score
Same thing happened to me before and it was the ballast try switching the ballast to the other side to see if it happens to the other one

Mikey

Reaction score
Happened to me before as well. It more than likely is the ballast and it more than likely needs replacing. U haz lifetime warranty, no?

JEER42

Reaction score
Switch the bulb to the opposite side and see if it's the same result. Just happened to me and it was a bad bulb, replaced both bulbs and it's all good now.

Ernesto

mrphantastic

Reaction score
Yeah I do have lifetime warranty. I'm gonna give them a call tmrw about it. Thanks for the help guys!

mrphantastic

Reaction score
UPDATE: The driver side headlight that recently turned blue doesn't turn on anymore. Great. Lol. So it definitely has to be either the bulb or ballast and not a misalignment. I'm going to email the company about it tmrw.

jdmcg3

Reaction score
after 3yrs.. its more than likely gonna be the ballast.

same thing happened with mine.. its a really common thing.. i throw that set away and just bought all brand new.

mrphantastic

Reaction score
Yeah possibly. But its strange cause I bought it at the same time so I would think they would both be out.

kevo

Reaction score
Na from what I know and understand a ballast is like a light bulb it can go out at anytime new or old mine look like it was cloudy so I bought new set never looked better

Latest posts

Back