One-off turbo heat shield

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
Wow very clever fix!!!!!

Did you weld that bracket to the underside of the pot to hold the shield on? If so, how did you tighten that bolt that it sits on? Now you got me wanting to make one really really bad.. :D

MoneyPit

Reaction score
Yeah, there are two brackets on the underside of the shield that are welded. There's access to the bolts from the bottom, so it was pretty easy to bolt up. You should do it!

VonDubz

Reaction score
LOL fabricate these and sell them online!!!!

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
Hey dude, any chance you will be coming up to Portland soon??? I really want to meet up with you and see your car man! I got a garage with a 71 240z and an IS300. We could play a little bit..take your pic. Even though you'd probably smash both of those.

that still the xs turbo? u gotta get rid of that thing

Why would he want to do that? So it's an even match or something? lol....

Last edited:

MoneyPit

Reaction score
damn you never cease to amaze me with your work :thumbsup:

custom fabrication ftw :beer: looks clean bro :thumbsup:

Nicely done! :147703263745b138a51

LOL fabricate these and sell them online!!!!

oh i love it. nice making.

awesome work like always

Hey dude, any chance you will be coming up to Portland soon??? I really want to meet up with you and see your car man! I got a garage with a 71 240z and an IS300. We could play a little bit..take your pic. Even though you'd probably smash both of those.

Why would he want to do that? So it's an even match or something? lol....

Thanks for the comments fellas. The shield is working beautifully, the post-IC intake piping is cold and my CF hood isn't getting hot anymore. I'm really stoked on the outcome of this thing.

HondaLuver, I may be coming your way to get a final tune on the car. I'm looking into English Racing in Washington, and they've expressed interest in the job. If that ends up happening, I'll pm you here and we can definitely meet.

OT, since the car has been running for the last three weeks, I've already roasted two cl-s axles on the passenger side. :( I've got the afr *safe* but not near what it should be for max performance. I'm not claiming that "I spin in fourth" lol, but traction is a major problem in 1st-3rd. I cannot even got WOT from a roll in any of the three gears, or I start roasting 'em on dry ground.

Back