One-off turbo heat shield

hancockd

SLO CG2
Reaction score
So much creativity... awesome!

you know what is an even better way to keep your turbo's exhaust from thwarting your intercooler's efforts....

reverse the intake manifold on the engine(get rid of the power steering pump) and then you won't have to have the charge piping back track all the way across the car and directly by the turbo....

I know I've heard someone say that before... but where?!?! :thinking:

MoneyPit

Reaction score
that's pretty sick. what brand name are you gunna put on it...lol
NACNUD fab co. It's my last name backwards, it's been my nickname for years, lol. Me and my bro always badge our fab work with it!
pit's stop :D
Heeey, I kinda like that...:lolrun:
Very nice
niceee. i love when people use pots for this hahaha.
Lolzers!
clever fix
Gracias buddy!
that still the xs turbo? u gotta get rid of that thing
Why? Just because it's XS? 25k miles with zero shaftplay, oil-free IC piping, and a perfect efficiency map for my setup...I'm not getting rid of it anytime soon...
nice use of an ummm.... a pot??:wtf1::huh::thinking::confused:

hope that the wife/mom is not mad at you
I bought a new pot for my project.
you know what is an even better way to keep your turbo's exhaust from thwarting your intercooler's efforts....

reverse the intake manifold on the engine(get rid of the power steering pump) and then you won't have to have the charge piping back track all the way across the car and directly by the turbo....
I remember reading about your idea a few years back. My car is a DD, so I <3 power steering. Second, intake temps with my current setup are low enough to cause condensation on the outside of my post IC piping...pretty damn cold. Third, if I were still having issues with the intake temps, before I went to the trouble of spinning my manifold 180 degrees and all the work/loss of function/loss of aesthetics that goes along with it, I'd get a meth injection kit for $300 and call it a day. My $.02
haha thats sick :bowdown:
Thanks bud!
LOve it now thats using your head... you sir are Mac Gyver :beer:
Lol wut
Love the innovation! Good job! :thumbup:

great job, clean work too!

lol sick. good work

So much creativity... awesome!
Thanks fellas! :thumbsup:

As much as I'd like to take credit for the idea, the Supra guys have been doing this for awhile. To me, it's just super-dope to see high-end/high HP cars building shields out of a pot rather than paying ~$150 for one that doesn't fit/look as clean, lol.

Last edited:

sikjdm

Reaction score
As much as I'd like to take credit for the idea, the Supra guys have been doing this for awhile. To me, it's just super-dope to see high-end/high HP cars building shields out of a pot rather than paying ~$150 for one that doesn't fit/look as clean, lol.

funny thing is, there are actually $150 pots out there too

:hide:

Back