oxygen sensor question ftw!

CHID0

Reaction score
The o2 in your car is a wideband sensor. Chances are that not many other sensors are going to work. But if you try to source it from somewhere other than the dealership, listen to Darkside and make sure its an NGK or NTK brand.

Do not buy a Bosch sensor, it will not work.

Made the BOSCH error a while ago and ended up buying an OEM one from Majestic for short money $118

tomcarhonda

Reaction score
Hi, if you live where you can go to an AutoZone. Then go buy the wideband 02 sensor before cat. They should have them and they are made from Denso. Mine was around 60$ had to be special ordered. It will come in a BOSCH box, but if you look at the sensor, it says Denso made.

Namboyz

Reaction score
i bought mine today at honda in elk grove for only 165 with a discount cause my bodyshop has an account with them. original honda part=).

so if anyone needs anything and your in the area i can help you get it or what ever from honda with about 20 percent off. =)

about to put the new sensor in tonight in my grandpas car. hope the light goes away=/

finch13

Reaction score
^ Wow... body shop cost isn't much of a discount... I could probably get them wholesale if I wanted to.

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
^ Wow... body shop cost isn't much of a discount... I could probably get them wholesale if I wanted to.

Yeah really.

You can do a bench test on the actual sensor. You will need a propane torch and a multimeter. With the multimeter set on the lowest dc volts...heat the very tip of the sensor and count to a minute...within a minute the sensor voltage should go to .9v. Im not sure of the exact spec for honda, but this is universal for o2 sensors.

Sometimes people clean them by heating the tip until it starts to get red and dip the tip in cold water to break down the carbon, doing this several times supposedly cleans the sensor. I have not done this.

silverbullet99

Reaction score
since its a special "wideband" sensor on the ULEV, does that mean we're gunna have any problems running aftermarket headers? or will that 02 sensor cheater/non fouler take care of it?

finch13

Reaction score
Why would a header make a difference? As long as it has an O2 bung it should read the mixture just fine.

The only difference between a narrowband O2 and a wideband O2 is signal resolution. The wideband will read actual lambda values whereas the narrow can only send a rich/lean signal. The exhaust will stay as exhaust.

Back