PCM Reprogramming

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
How many times do we have to tell you it's not possible before you get it?

Also, that article mainly talks of GM/Chrysler. Not the same has a Honda ECU.

Fuzz

Reaction score
wow, stubborn.

Call a Dyno shop that tunes Hondas. Ask them if they have an ODB1 ECU and Conversion Harness. Have them install it, then pay 140$/hour for dyno tuning to get the best out of your engine. Unless you have modified your car (intake, headers, exhaust) then you won't really benefit from tuning.

Kevs02Accord

Reaction score
No, that article didn't say anything about honda. However, both honda and gm use obd2 ecu/pcms. If there is an ability to reflash the pcm, which by law, according to that article, there is, then why would it not apply? I have seen programs that allow you to modify then reflash pcms. Has anyone on this site tried it? Is there really no answer, after 15+ years to tune obd2 cars, without going back to obd1?

Drift

Reaction score
No, that article didn't say anything about honda. However, both honda and gm use obd2 ecu/pcms. If there is an ability to reflash the pcm, which by law, according to that article, there is, then why would it not apply? I have seen programs that allow you to modify then reflash pcms. Has anyone on this site tried it? Is there really no answer, after 15+ years to tune obd2 cars, without going back to obd1?

The Honda HDS can "reprogram" the ecu. But unless you plan on paying $8000+ for a factory scan tool, you're SOL. The Tech2 is GM's version of the Honda HDS. Both are used to do factory reflashes, not re-tune the car. You can upload a map that the manufacture sends to the dealership/scan tool, but you can alter it to make any changes to up the power.

To do it for the aftermarket, you have to go through hundreds of thousands of lines of code and decipher all of it. For some ecus, (ie the K series) it was worth doing, like Hondata did. But for the stock accord ecu's, there is no return on spending 2 years decoding the ecu.

Listen, our cars have been around for 10 years. If there was a way for us to reflash them, dont you think someone on this board, or Honda-tech, or one of the thousands of other honda boards would have found it? We're telling you there isnt any way of doing it unless you go OBDI.

Kevs02Accord

Reaction score
The Honda HDS can "reprogram" the ecu. But unless you plan on paying $8000+ for a factory scan tool, you're SOL. The Tech2 is GM's version of the Honda HDS. Both are used to do factory reflashes, not re-tune the car. You can upload a map that the manufacture sends to the dealership/scan tool, but you can alter it to make any changes to up the power.

To do it for the aftermarket, you have to go through hundreds of thousands of lines of code and decipher all of it. For some ecus, (ie the K series) it was worth doing, like Hondata did. But for the stock accord ecu's, there is no return on spending 2 years decoding the ecu.

Listen, our cars have been around for 10 years. If there was a way for us to reflash them, dont you think someone on this board, or Honda-tech, or one of the thousands of other honda boards would have found it? We're telling you there isnt any way of doing it unless you go OBDI.

Thanks mate, as thick as my skull is, that makes sense. I guess I will be going obd1 then. If I were to swap in an f22 auto, and convert to obd1, could I simply load and f23 basemap and not have to do a test and tune and spend the 1k to do so?

Drift

Reaction score
Wait wat? An f22 auto? Why the hell would you do that?

Back