phi1542's 1999 Coupe EX-L V6 [Retired]

phi1542

Reaction score
Re: phi1542's 1999 Accord Coupe EX V6 (56k)

Did you go with the taut or "loose" setting on the rsb?

How much camber do you have?

uhh idk which was which but its bolted on the side on the left. So if you are on the driver side and look at it, it's on the hole on the left. My friend put it on and i think it was the stiffer side cuz i like the handling haha doesnt really even effect ride quality from what I could notice! correct me if im wrong. I hope its the stiff setting lol

Uuhhh Idk Im as low as you are from what it looks like. I haven't gotten an alignment for a while and I dont have the paper still. I would say -1.5 give or take from a guesstimate

Side question but I got my car checked out cuz i had this bed spring noise whenever I brake my car on the passenger side it sounds like. The lower ball joint is torn on the passenger side and the mechanic said to replace the whole lower control arm because I cant get the lower ball joint replaced without bending the arm and since I'm doing the passenger side I might as well do the driver side. Is this legit info or they trying to steal my money lmao I already ordered the whole front control arm kit top and bottom for $120 on discount body parts but I am about to return it because that was a dumb rash decision. I don't believe it is necessary for me to replace it all. Am I ok with replacing the lower ball joint on the passenger side alone? or....

I might look into these Moog endlinks. I didn't realize the Progress rsb had settings. I may consider upgrading from my Eibach's if this is true.

I would do it if I were you. end links are 20 bucks a pop so might as well get rid of the old ones lol and yeah there are 2 settings on the progress RSB plus its a mm thicker i believe. Eibach is 23mm right?

I also just installed the CX racing coils and they ride great :) I'm sitting about the same height I was before so I have't slammed it yet.

Last edited:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

^ The hole that is closest to the tubular part of the bar is the tauter setting. So if the bar is mounted and you are looking at it from the driver side, it would be the hole on the right.

Yea in that case I would just have them zero out the toe whenever you get an alignment. You will have chamber wear, but it will be very slight/slow.

If you are talking about the front lower ball joint, yea you can replace just the ball joint. No need to replace the whole arm.

phi1542

Reaction score

Damn I gotta switch it then lol what setting are you on?

Ok cool I'll get that done asap. Does the lower ball joint mess with alignment? I had an alignment not too long ago but my tires got eaten up on the inner part bald to the chords and the rest of the tire was fine. Idk what happened. Was it because I put spacers on?

And ok cool thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

phi1542

Reaction score

Adjusted to the tauter setting, lowered it more, and updated OP with new pics :)

Before:
op8uuh.jpg

After:
sfxmpg.jpg

I didn't slam it just yet haha waiting till I can afford a skid plate, camber kit, cut my strut towers and box it, and some new wheels

Last edited:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

^Looks good. Back to the slammed life eh lol.

Damn I gotta switch it then lol what setting are you on?

Ok cool I'll get that done asap. Does the lower ball joint mess with alignment? I had an alignment not too long ago but my tires got eaten up on the inner part bald to the chords and the rest of the tire was fine. Idk what happened. Was it because I put spacers on?

And ok cool thanks

I'm on the more taut setting. LBJ could mess with alignment if it's in bad enough shape. No, spacers won't alter how your tires wear.

phi1542

Reaction score

^Looks good. Back to the slammed life eh lol.

I'm on the more taut setting. LBJ could mess with alignment if it's in bad enough shape. No, spacers won't alter how your tires wear.
Thanks!! Yeah just a little lol love it and these cx racing coils are really good. Pretty low but still comfy as hell. Not as comfy as Tein but 100000000 times better than F2 Type 1....

Nice I really like the taut setting. Handles really well!! I wish I had the neuspeed front strut bar cuz the megan is weak lol idk why they discontinued it I can't find it anywhere

Yeah I got it replaced. Totally messed up. One was popped out of place and the other was torn. No wonder my tire wear was terrible

phi1542

Reaction score

240761c7cbeb8d4a2ac2e1c85682d779.jpg

Ugly crop but whatever haha quad tips yes or no? I think I can dig it lol my friend has burnt tip dual tips laying around. He can sell me 2 for $40 so I'm tempted and I think it would look good. It looks aggressive. I got the bayson r side skirts and rear lip I just need it painted so it would look even better! What do you guys think

Last edited:

Silver99

Reaction score

How low is your drop from stock position? I'm at a 2" drop all around and I can't decide if it's low enough or not. I'm on stock wheels right now but I'm getting 17" XXR 530 ASAP

Silver99

Reaction score

bgskz9.jpg

240761c7cbeb8d4a2ac2e1c85682d779.jpg

Ugly crop but whatever haha quad tips yes or no? I think I can dig it lol my friend has burnt tip dual tips laying around. He can sell me 2 for $40 so I'm tempted and I think it would look good. It looks aggressive. I got the bayson r side skirts and rear lip I just need it painted so it would look even better! What do you guys think

Do it :)

phi1542

Reaction score

6ee8e7f1b1594e1efb2831da4041be84.jpg

e670bc817a3858b3d45a9ee06265e8a6.jpg

Got it :) got 2 for $40 bucks which is a nice price. These look BAD A$$!!!!! Can't wait to get them on haha I'm waiting for my rear lip and side skirts to get painted so I can put it on and get the fitment right with the lip on. I don't want the tip to touch the lip and melt the plastic and or paint. Should be on in a couple weeks ;)

Back