phi1542's 1999 Coupe EX-L V6 [Retired]

Varnell

Reaction score
Re: phi1542's 1999 Accord Coupe EX (56k)

I really like how you've tastefully modded the car. The retros will set it off.

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score

^ He meant to say the retros will set things off nicely.

Loving the clean look you got there. A bit of stretch on the tires for my taste, but I can see the reasons why; Those are some wide wheels!

Good to see that you're still in the game!

phi1542

Reaction score

^ He meant to say the retros will set things off nicely.

Loving the clean look you got there. A bit of stretch on the tires for my taste, but I can see the reasons why; Those are some wide wheels!

Good to see that you're still in the game!

Thanks! Haha I just have a few minor things left. I want to get a camber kit and paint my wheels white. I really like the white on black look haha I'm thinking of switching up the exhaust too. Do you know if a eBay n1 muffle will sound the same as a skunk2 muffler?

blackhawksfan18

Reaction score

Thanks! Haha I just have a few minor things left. I want to get a camber kit and paint my wheels white. I really like the white on black look haha I'm thinking of switching up the exhaust too. Do you know if a eBay n1 muffle will sound the same as a skunk2 muffler?

I assume all N1 style mufflers have the same sound since its the same design

phi1542

Reaction score

I assume all N1 style mufflers have the same sound since its the same design

That's what I was thinking too but I'm not sure. I want to get this sound:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnBWDtlYOrQ

but Skunk2 muffler is expensive. I was thinking of just buying an eBay N1 style muffler and call it a day lol because its a fraction of the price. Is that a bad idea? I know a lot of people say eBay parts are no good. Is there a way to get this tone with a stock looking muffler? not really into these canister style ones lmao

Damn this coupé is to clean

Thanks! :D

Last edited:

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score

Idk if you have a particular set of camber kits on your mind, but I have Wicked Tuning for my rear, and both the rods & boots seem to be very solid. Having them for 3 years, and they're holding up strong.

However, my front upper ball joint (Ingalls) are something I'm not fully satisfied, since one of the boots is wearing out. Idk if SPC's (Specialty Products) are better quality over Ingall's, but I'd recommend you swapping them out with genuine OEM boots, if you get those after market upper ball joints, especially Ingalls.

For your exhausts in your mind, I'm not so sure if they produce the same tone with skunk's tbh w/ you.. But I love your current system tho. Don't change them! haha

Back