phi1542's 1999 Coupe EX-L V6 [Retired]

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Re: phi1542's 1999 Accord Coupe EX (56k)

If they paint do the tires have to come off? I'm probably going to do paint because PC has to do the whole entire wheel... I might just do the DIY first because im on a tight budget and if it starts to get messed up down the road i'll have it redone professionally.

My body guy said he could paint the wheels with tires on, but it just makes his job more difficult and he can't bake them to cure the paint so the finish could be less durable. So painting with tires on is possible and people do it all the time, but like I said you'll want to make sure to do take meticulous care and go through the necessary steps to get a quality end product.

Last edited:

phi1542

Reaction score

Have any of you guys heard about this stuff? Besides white I was also thinking about having a fully polished wheel. This stuff is suppose to strip away the paint in like 20 minutes. This guy used it here and it looks like some good stuff.

http://www.zx14ninjaforum.com/messages.cfm?threadid=E2252692-1372-66AE-3B7490509AE068CB

150214848.jpg

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

Aircraft stripper works great, used it to strip the goop from 160 wheel bolts. But it is extremely volatile, take great care when using it.

phi1542

Reaction score

Aircraft stripper works great, used it to strip the goop from 160 wheel bolts. But it is extremely volatile, take great care when using it.

Hmm I think I might just do this instead. Is there anything on the lip of XXR 521's? or should I leave the lip alone and just do it on the black? also what is volatile lmao sorry

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

Volatile as in potentially hazardous to your health and objects around you if you accidentally get some where you shouldn't.

Dont know anything about XXR wheels.

phi1542

Reaction score

Volatile as in potentially hazardous to your health and objects around you if you accidentally get some where you shouldn't.

Dont know anything about XXR wheels.

Oh ok I'll be sure to be careful haha. Hmm I could use this to strip off the paint already on the wheel to get a better final product. I can use airplane stripper to strip it to bare metal, use adhesion promoter, primer, base, and clear?

How do I use it? Do I just spray it on the wheel and peel it off then polish and wax it? Any prep work needed before? Not really sure how to do a full polished wheel

Last edited:

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score

For the rears do they ever move? I heard sometimes the locking mechanism or something gets loose sometimes and it'll wear out your tires if you don't notice it and realign it. SleeperCell has a locking kit DIY that can fix this too. Are there any better front ones than ingalls? or just swapping out the boots will be good lol

I'm probably going to going to get ingalls in the front and Wicked in the back. What camber settings should I adjust them to???

Thanks! haha yeah man after thinking about it, I'm not going to switch it out. My girlfriend already hates how I have a modded car LMAO and having a loud *** straight pipe isn't going to make things any better :lawl: plus I use to have a dual N1 with just a 12" res and the drone was soooooo annoying. That's why I have my current set up. It's pretty loud on the outside (but not obnoxious) and its relatively quiet on the inside. I actually put up a new exhaust video just now haha I swapped it out with my old video so just click on "sound clip" and check it out :D my old clip was not that great lmao
Generally speaking, our cars toe-in a lot on rear wheels. Yeah, if you don't notice it, your rear tires will wear out a lot quicker than your front. Thus, Kevin's Rear Lower Control Arms + Static Plate Kit seems to prevent from this issue. I'm not so sure, but SPC's "might" be in better quality than Ingalls, but don't quote me on that tho.

Like I said, if you go with Ingalls front ball joint, keep your eyes on the boots from time to time.

There are two choices for Ingalls front ball joint:
One that adjusts -1.5° ~ +1.5°
One that adjusts +1.5° ~ +3.0° ← I wonder who really wants positive camber tho lol.)
And, I think SPC makes 'n offers the same two exact choice of spec in the above, iirc.

Ppl say that obsessively negative cambers make your tires wear out fast, but not so much unless you go more than -2°, depending on how you drive most of the time. It's just that being toed-in (to the point where you can visibly tell) makes your tires wear out ridiculously fast.

Just saw your new clip. I like them since the tone is discreet. Yeah, don't change them!

phi1542

Reaction score

Generally speaking, our cars toe-in a lot on rear wheels. Yeah, if you don't notice it, your rear tires will wear out a lot quicker than your front. Thus, Kevin's Rear Lower Control Arms + Static Plate Kit seems to prevent from this issue. I'm not so sure, but SPC's "might" be in better quality than Ingalls, but don't quote me on that tho.

Like I said, if you go with Ingalls front ball joint, keep your eyes on the boots from time to time.

There are two choices for Ingalls front ball joint:
One that adjusts -1.5° ~ +1.5°
One that adjusts +1.5° ~ +3.0° ← I wonder who really wants positive camber tho lol.)
And, I think SPC makes 'n offers the same two exact choice of spec in the above, iirc.

Ppl say that obsessively negative cambers make your tires wear out fast, but not so much unless you go more than -2°, depending on how you drive most of the time. It's just that being toed-in (to the point where you can visibly tell) makes your tires wear out ridiculously fast.

Just saw your new clip. I like them since the tone is discreet. Yeah, don't change them!

I thought they go more than that? Someone told me go -3 to -3.5 all around lol but i dont think ingalls go to that extent. Even if i get the camber arms i dont really know what to do with it haha

these right?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/INGALLS-FRONT-CAMBER-KIT-98-02-HONDA-ACCORD-99-03-ACURA-TL-01-03-ACURA-CL-/251685312485?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3a999d17e5&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WICKED-TUNING-98-02-HONDA-ACCORD-01-03-ACURA-CL-REAR-CAMBER-ARMS-GUNMETAL-/190961222690?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model%3AAccord&hash=item2c762d0422&vxp=mtr

Last edited:

phi1542

Reaction score

Oh I just need the ball joint not the full front camber kit??? And the one you linked me shows up as the same one I linked lol

What should I do to not have really fast tire wear and a good stance?... I'm really new to this camber stuff.... Lol sorry. I want to get a stance like Brent's Fitted Coupe. Beautiful stance

Last edited:
Back