Popo Hunting season sucks...

CDsDontBurn

Reaction score
I live directly next to the freeway and I have a direct view of the on-ramp I use to get on the freeway.

Well this morning walking out to my car, I noticed a CHP cruiser simply backing up as if he was parking. I thought nothing of it really because I see cops parked on the side of the freeway every once in a while talking on their cell phone or doing w/e it is CHP does when parked on the shoulder of a freeway.

I get on the on-ramp, pull up to the red light, stop, and go when it's my turn. I look to the right and the CHP is still parked on the side about 25ft in ahead of the traffic signal to get on the freeway and I don't think much of it. A few seconds after passing him up, some red flashing lights catch my attention followed by a chirping sound. The cop had pulled over the guy who was behind me - mind you, even though he was the next person after me, there had been the entire on-ramp for a gap between me and this guy so this guy could have gotten up to speed and blew right through the red light. At least, that's what I'm thinking the guy did.

I just LOLed afterwards.

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
CDsDontBurn said:
I live directly next to the freeway and I have a direct view of the on-ramp I use to get on the freeway.

Well this morning walking out to my car, I noticed a CHP cruiser simply backing up as if he was parking. I thought nothing of it really because I see cops parked on the side of the freeway every once in a while talking on their cell phone or doing w/e it is CHP does when parked on the shoulder of a freeway.

I get on the on-ramp, pull up to the red light, stop, and go when it's my turn. I look to the right and the CHP is still parked on the side about 25ft in ahead of the traffic signal to get on the freeway and I don't think much of it. A few seconds after passing him up, some red flashing lights catch my attention followed by a chirping sound. The cop had pulled over the guy who was behind me - mind you, even though he was the next person after me, there had been the entire on-ramp for a gap between me and this guy so this guy could have gotten up to speed and blew right through the red light. At least, that's what I'm thinking the guy did.

I just LOLed afterwards.
Good. We dont need longer traffic jams because people cant follow simple driving rules.

CrosCntryAccord

Reaction score
what you're seeing in that "documentary" is not representative of the whole of police officers. The vast majority of officers i've met are good people who are trying to make a living in a very very underfunded field where they get paid peanuts to do a very dangerous job.

While you're sitting in your comfy chair enjoying your ac and free food, officers are out, on the streets, doing their job. It is a tough, taxing job to which they get little reward and a lot of ****. They face danger everytime they step out of their vehicle to adress someone who can't follow the law. You ***** about your work and thats fine because part of it is joking, but if you had to work outside, in the heat, with a bulletproof vest on, a utility belt full of weight and deal with people who aren't happy to see you I doubt you'd have a sunny disposition about your job, especially when you're barely making enough money to get by

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
what you're seeing in that "documentary" is not representative of the whole of police officers. The vast majority of officers i've met are good people who are trying to make a living in a very very underfunded field where they get paid peanuts to do a very dangerous job.

While you're sitting in your comfy chair enjoying your ac and free food, officers are out, on the streets, doing their job. It is a tough, taxing job to which they get little reward and a lot of ****. They face danger everytime they step out of their vehicle to adress someone who can't follow the law. You ***** about your work and thats fine because part of it is joking, but if you had to work outside, in the heat, with a bulletproof vest on, a utility belt full of weight and deal with people who aren't happy to see you I doubt you'd have a sunny disposition about your job, especially when you're barely making enough money to get by

+1, I went on two ride alongs because I was thinking about being a police officer. They go through a lot of crap that people dont think about. Everyday they deal with people that dont want to see them.

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
uuuhh... starting pay for police officers range between $52 - $70k a year before benefits.... even for a high school graduate with a 2.0 GPA, they get paid $43k... i think that's a lot for driving around 60% of the time, pulling ppl over 30% of the time and actually facing danger 10% of the time :coffee:

like i said, my perception and hate of the popo did not stem from the documentary.. however, it did prove some of my points to be valid :)

CrosCntryAccord

Reaction score
uuuhh... starting pay for police officers range between $52 - $70k a year before benefits.... even for a high school graduate with a 2.0 GPA, they get paid $43k... i think that's a lot for driving around 60% of the time, pulling ppl over 30% of the time and actually facing danger 10% of the time :coffee:

The cost of living in Dallas, TX is 30.0% lower than in Los Angeles, CA. Therefore, you would have to earn a salary of $36,409 to maintain your current standard of living.

thats with the salary at 52k, so yeah, its about even across the country, they're not making that much because it costs so damn much to live in cali.

:dunce:

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
DarkSideAccord said:

like i said, my perception and hate of the popo did not stem from the documentary.. however, it did prove some of my points to be valid :)
You have no clue what ur talking about. Most of the time they are driving to different locations responding to calls. Every crack head and tweaker seem to come out at night. You didnt prove any of ur point to be valid.

I went on two ride alongs... How many did u go on?

Sign a contract incase u are killed, put on a bullet proof vest then go on a ride along at night. Then come back and prove yourself wrong.

Back