problem with sound system

Accord_4_life

Reaction score
Weird. I might go back to where I got it and see what the problem is. Ill let you know, maybe its simular? Anyways, Im tempted just to save the weight and sell the subs and amp, but I like the bump so I dont know, we will see when it gets warmer out.

Tx_Accord98

Reaction score
sounds like a blown voice coil. isolate each speaker to find out which one. that has happened to me as well as a guy i knew. just disconnect one speaker and plug in the amp. if it happens when you plug in your rca, try pluging in one at a time. both speakers might be shot. your deck would have nothing to do with the amp cutting out. if your amp is just faulting but is still powered, that means it is still getting the remote signal from the amp.

gunmetal6th

Reaction score
the amp is probably overheating but if he replaced the fan that should be taken care of. maybe a fuse or something might be wrong.check up with your terminals or try hooking the amp up to another set of subs to see if there are any problems. maybe its too much power.

BKLYN ACCORD

Reaction score
the amp is probably overheating but if he replaced the fan that should be taken care of. maybe a fuse or something might be wrong.check up with your terminals or try hooking the amp up to another set of subs to see if there are any problems. maybe its too much power.

not amp. i swapped out amp for another. i went mono instead of 2ch

sounds like a blown voice coil. isolate each speaker to find out which one. that has happened to me as well as a guy i knew. just disconnect one speaker and plug in the amp. if it happens when you plug in your rca, try pluging in one at a time. both speakers might be shot. your deck would have nothing to do with the amp cutting out. if your amp is just faulting but is still powered, that means it is still getting the remote signal from the amp.

not the subs i took them up stairs to my house And plug to my stereo. subs still hitting

BKLYN ACCORD

Reaction score

Totalimmortal

Reaction score
I hate to be a killjoy, but Jensen was the biggest piece of garbage we(Best Buy) ever sold. We don't sell them anymore for a reason.

BKLYN ACCORD

Reaction score
I hate to be a killjoy, but Jensen was the biggest piece of garbage we(Best Buy) ever sold. We don't sell them anymore for a reason.

no kill joy what so ever. jensen has step there game up, audiovox took over jensen. or something like that. for all the functions it has you cant go wrong for the price. i never really liked jensens but this one caught my eye. i was going to get a pioneer for $600. the pioneer has less fucntions then what my jensen has. i like the sd card and usb function and touch screen . the pioneer didnt even have touch screen and was a 6.5 inch. plus the jensen looks so much better than the pioneer. oh and i only paid $400

heres a comparison

Pioneer's AVH-P4900DVD in-dash DVD receiver puts quality mobile video entertainment in your dash. You'll have total control of your favorite movies and CDs through the 6.5" touchscreen, and you'll find plenty of add-on features when you're ready to build a full-on multimedia system.

Watch movies on the motorized, flip-out screen when you're parked. The powerful internal amplifier adds depth to movie soundtracks, and you can tweak the sound further with the built-in 3-band equalizer and frequency filters. The AVH-P4900DVD also plays MP3 and WMA files burned to CDs for added musical entertainment.

Details:
General features:
DVD/CD receiver with built-in MOSFET amplifier
6.5" motorized, retractable LCD screen
Audio/Video features:
plays DVDs and CDs, including WMA and MP3 files on CD
high- and low-pass crossovers
Supertuner IIID
EEQ equalizer
Expandability:
iPod control through Pioneer's optional CD-IB100II adapter cable
XM and SIRIUS satellite radio-ready (you can add satellite radio for $100, plus subscription)
front, rear, and sub preamp outputs
rear-view camera input
compatible with Pioneer TV tuner
optional remote
Other features:
DVD signal-to-noise ratio: 95 dB
FM sensitivity: 9 dBf
warranty: 1 year
Want more peace of mind? Extended Service Plans Available
designed for use with "Region 1" coded DVDs

Jensen built its VM9512 with connectivity in mind. The 7" touchscreen can control an iPod through the included adapter, a USB thumb drive, or an optional navigation system. You'll find more than enough built-in options to keep you and your passengers entertained, with DVD playback and an integrated SD card reader for up to 4GB of extra digital music. And built-in Bluetooth® controls let you place and receive calls through your compatible phone, as well as stream A2DP audio files through your stereo.

General features:
DVD/CD receiver with built-in MOSFET amp (18 watts RMS/60 watts peak x 4 channels)
plays CDs, CD-Rs, CD-RWs and DVD+RWs (including discs loaded with MP3 and WMA files), SVCD, VCD, DivX, DVDs, DVD+Rs, and XviD
built-in Bluetooth wireless connectivity
included iPod adapter cable
wireless remote
Audio/video features:
picture-in-picture capable
dual-zone capable
Dolby Digital and Pro-Logic II/5.1 with Time Delay
Expandability:
remote-mount MediaLink4 auxiliary input module: includes USB connector, minijack, iPod cable connector, and RCA jacks
compatible with Jensen navigation system
SD card input
XM Satellite Radio-ready (you can add satellite radio for under $70, plus subscription)
3 audio/video inputs
2 video outputs
rear camera input
four sets of 4-volt preamp outputs
Other features and specs:
DVD signal-to-noise: ratio 95 dB
FM sensitivity: 9 dBf
warranty: 1 year
Want more peace of mind? Extended Service Plans Available
designed for use with "Region 1" encoded DVDs

you tell me which one you would rather go for

Last edited:

Totalimmortal

Reaction score
From my own personal experience in both sales and install with both companies, I'd go with the Pioneer. We rarely had a Jensen that didn't come back with problems at some point, regardless of features.

waccord99

Reaction score
i got a friend who has a father with a car audio shop...........3 of my friends have jensen flip out screens and they are all running good........they are good for what they do and the price u cant compare.......i just wish i wouldve bought one instead of buying a radio that cost me almost as much.....btw one of them have been running a similar one for 2 yrs with no problems.........u can probably find another jensen with built in gps for around that same price just to let you know

Back