putting an amp under the seat

Hello People

Reaction score
I put my Alpine 4 channel amp (MRV-F300 specifically) underneath the driver's seat and haven't had any real issues with it there.

The only minor issue I've ever had, is that I didn't tie back the ground wire well enough and when my mom borrowed the car, she adjusted the seat way forward (because she's short..) it snagged on it and yanked it out of the amp. Easy fix with a few zipties though, and now it's fine.

The manual for my amp gave specs on how much space you should leave around it for cooling, and there was enough under the seat. Haven't had any issues with overheating.

ujinyuki

Reaction score
my 4ch amp is a jbl gto-4000 for my front seps and rear 6x9... it is 13x9x2 inches so i think ill be having trouble installing it under the seat... i still dont have the pix coz im so busy with work now... but i will still post the pix as soon as im free... thanks for the ideas guys and im pretty sure all of your inputs will give me the best option where to put both 4ch amp and sub amp... my sub amp is 312mm X 232mm X 51mm...

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
The 4 channel would definitely be a tight fit, and it doesn't help that it has side terminals. My 5 channel was like 10 x 8" and had all connections on the front.

I assume you want to reuse what you have, but a class d amp is much smaller (and more efficient to boot).

in my newer accord, I'll have to hang it from the rear deck or put it inside the spare tire area because of the seat motors and since its a coupe. Just use long bolts to clear the trunk rods and rear speakers and stuff.

MrBuTcHeR

Reaction score
I added a small Alpine amp for my interior speakers underneath the passenger seat. I used plastic spaces to hold it off the carpet and for the heater vent under the seat I blocked one of the outlets from blowing on my amp. In my trunk I mounted my amp on the left side on that plastic panel again using plastic spacers to give it space for cooling. I assume that plastic panel where I mounted mine was to hold a first aid kit or something small of nature at the time. If I could upload pics to the forum I would attach them.

ujinyuki

Reaction score
thanks ryan and butcher for the suggestions... so far i have made a temporary way... put both of the amps in the spare tire section but will still change it after the final and best way is seen... but i think i have to put a 12v computer fan in so that air will circulate in the spare tire room

schmiddr2

Reaction score
You need to have a way to move the air in and out. One fan is ok if you have a vent on the other side of the spare tire compartment. Or just use two fans. You should also use a relay to run the fan, but it will need to have very low amperage draw if using the remote wire to turn them on. Also, make sure you get the fans with grills.

Back