Question about building a 400hp+ F23

rexload

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I was thinking about building a CG for a fun daily driver.

I would like around 400hp,

The main concern I have is OBD2 emissions inspection. There is no way around it.
This means that I would absolutely have to keep all OBD2 stuff ready to be plugged in when it is time for inspection. And that means I would have to keep the stock head/cam.

I guess my question is does the stock F23 head flow well enough to make some good numbers without running a ridiculous amount of boost....?

Another concern is the immobilizer. From what I understand I can't just install an OBD1 ECU because of it... So what steps would I need to take to get rid of it?

Thanks guys! Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Erik123456789

Reaction score
wait what? you want 400hp and you want to keep your motor stock?

edit: I think it *might* be possible if you get forged pistons with the stock compression, arps and use aem fic to keep it obd2 and boost it to like 20 psi with some huge injectors.. 1000cc+. Don't know how long that would last though.

Last edited:

CanadianEh48

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I was thinking about building a CG for a fun daily driver.

I would like around 400hp,

The main concern I have is OBD2 emissions inspection. There is no way around it.
This means that I would absolutely have to keep all OBD2 stuff ready to be plugged in when it is time for inspection. And that means I would have to keep the stock head/cam.

I guess my question is does the stock F23 head flow well enough to make some good numbers without running a ridiculous amount of boost....?

Another concern is the immobilizer. From what I understand I can't just install an OBD1 ECU because of it... So what steps would I need to take to get rid of it?

Thanks guys! Any advice is greatly appreciated!

lol

nyknick1015

Reaction score
there is no way ur gonna make 400 whp and still pass emissions.... its one or the other man. even if u unplug and try to plug it back in, its just gonna throw a CEL and u know thats an automatic fail

rexload

Reaction score
wait what? you want 400hp and you want to keep your motor stock?

edit: I think it *might* be possible if you get forged pistons with the stock compression, arps and use aem fic to keep it obd2 and boost it to like 20 psi with some huge injectors.. 1000cc+. Don't know how long that would last though.

1. You don't need 1000ccs to run 400hp
2. You don't need to run 20psi for 400hp
3. I wouldn't want to run it with an OBD2 ECU
4. 400hp has been done on a stock F22 block
5. Why do you think a built block will not last? There are plenty of 600-1000hp Hondas running fine.

So you basically don't know the answers to my questions and you are laughing at yourself or what?

there is no way ur gonna make 400 whp and still pass emissions.... its one or the other man. even if u unplug and try to plug it back in, its just gonna throw a CEL and u know thats an automatic fail

It is going to trow a CEL? Please explain which check engine code it will throw if everything is plugged in!

Last edited:

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
And none of those guys have 400whp, despite having spent tons of cash, experimenting with different setups, and some having great personal tuning knowledge.

When you ask for help, it isn't very polite to try and correct first person who posts trying to help you, especially since that person DOES drive a turbo'd f23 and you don't.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
And none of those guys have 400whp, despite having spent tons of cash, experimenting with different setups, and some having great personal tuning knowledge.

When you ask for help, it isn't very polite to try and correct first person who posts trying to help you, especially since that person DOES drive a turbo'd f23 and you don't.
exactly why i posted those links :lawl:

its cool to have goals but they have to be realistic.

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
stinker came close, 360 something if my memory is still intact to the wheels, so 400 in the engine. but even he would say it is not a DD.

IF you wanted to keep stock head and obd2, then you would have to have a massive turbo to push the air into the constricted headports. to max out the psi would be very high, 5-6k which means not much overall power. basically not fun for the street, only dyno's.

i would read/search about all these topics on this site and revise your goals. a small t25 turbo on our cars would be fun and reliable.

it can be done, but a crapload of money

Back