Question about building a 400hp+ F23

iHazSnail

Reaction score
For the fun of it, put a 60trim on a stock block and boost it to 17psi. See what numbers you get and if you can get off that dyno without any troubles :)

Dinzdale40

Large Member
Reaction score
i don't think 400 is that big of a goal for the f23....it just seems that people that mod accords have allot smaller budgets than people in the honda-tech/civic realm....

it will take allot of money and a bit of sacrifice for daily...but it is definitely doable...

people just have to have big enough budgets to build a turbo kit that will flow the power...and just keep replacing/reinforcing things that break along the way....

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
For the fun of it, put a 60trim on a stock block and boost it to 17psi. See what numbers you get and if you can get off that dyno without any troubles :)

I forget his name, but on the everything-honda there was a guy who did exactly that. Stock block, 60trim, 17psi, street tuned, and was pushing well over 300whp to the wheels. I think eventually his rings went (like every other F23, even stock ones) so it's not like it's impossible to do.

Erik123456789

Reaction score
i don't think 400 is that big of a goal for the f23....it just seems that people that mod accords have allot smaller budgets than people in the honda-tech/civic realm....

it will take allot of money and a bit of sacrifice for daily...but it is definitely doable...

people just have to have big enough budgets to build a turbo kit that will flow the power...and just keep replacing/reinforcing things that break along the way....

I agree.. I know the f23 can break 400whp with the right mods, but this dude started off saying he's worried about passing emissions and keeping most of it stock and that's what will make it hard.

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
B_Ron007 or whatever, if you're talking of the same guy from the honduh.com days. I think he made ~330whp at 17psi, but as you mentioned ended up rebuilding. I think it lasted 6-7 months. I'm with erik though, the argument isn't about whether it's possible, it's about whether it's possible while trying to keep things stock and with low to moderate boost. Big difference imo, unless the OP is changing his argument which it sounds like

iHazSnail

Reaction score
Nothing is impossible. dre with his current k-swap is the perfect example. But the op mentioned a street car and a dd to be precise.
How long will it last at the point if its made? 2 months? baby it and you get 8 months out of it?
Been there done that.
My next tune i plan on taking it away from 400whp but will it last? is it even going to make off the dyno without any issues? who knows?

Erik123456789

Reaction score
I forget his name, but on the everything-honda there was a guy who did exactly that. Stock block, 60trim, 17psi, street tuned, and was pushing well over 300whp to the wheels. I think eventually his rings went (like every other F23, even stock ones) so it's not like it's impossible to do.

I just did something similar during these past two weeks with a 57 trim. I don't know how much whp I had because I never put it on the dyno, but my friend(also my tuner) tuned my car at 16 psi for fun. I have a different block waiting ready to go in (doing it this coming up Wednesday) and I ended up cracking a ringland (my guess so far, has happened 2 times now) lol.

edit: in two weeks, lots of abuse though

Last edited:
Back