Question on Connecting Rods...

Stanley9875

Reaction score
So I have a question on rods I found for the J32A2 i will hopefully be swapping in the next year... I found connecting rods for it (I have been searching for aftermarket rods for days) and they cost $1,188! That threw me off. Is that a reasonable price for forged connecting rods? I'm asking this because I want to be racing my car when I swap out the engine and tranny, and I want something that will be reliable. I found forged pistons for $500 and valve springs for $175 on honda-performance.com. If that is a ludacris price for rods, is there anyone who knows where I could find cheaper ones? I know they can get expensive, but not that expensive! Thanks!

-$tanley

mraw112

Reaction score
Do you know the big end bore, rod length, and wrist pin size? If so you might be able to find a rod from a different car that can work. 1200 isnt bad for big name manufacturers. I think eagle rods are usually like 100-125 a rod.

Stanley9875

Reaction score
Do you know the big end bore, rod length, and wrist pin size? If so you might be able to find a rod from a different car that can work. 1200 isnt bad for big name manufacturers. I think eagle rods are usually like 100-125 a rod.

Um, yea. On the website it says its for either a Honda Acura J32A 3.0L (which would be my engine), Acura J32A V6, and just J32A. The manufacturer is Pauter.
-It says for the J32A the pin dia: 22.0mm; big end bore dia: 56.0mm; center to center length: 152.0mm.
-For the Honda Acura J32A 3.0L the pin dia: 22.0mm; big end bore dia: 56.0mm; center to center length: 162.0mm.
-And for the Acura J32A V6 the pin dia: 22.0mm; big eng bore dia: 58.0mm; center to center length: 161.8mm.
Do ny of those sound right for a J32A2 3.2L Type-S engine? heres the URL in case you want to see for yourself(s)

http://www.importperformanceparts.net/imports/acura-rods.html

Thanks!

-$tanley

Last edited:
Back