Random engine shutdowns while driving

njmodi

Reaction score
Check Ignition Switch (recalled on Accords) and also have IAC Valve checked. Not much else really.

Yep - for me - I'm pretty sure it's a sticking IACV - because it never happens at speed or as far as I can recall, when I'm applying throttle. Always when I'm coasting, with clutch in, or at a light idling - just today - i noticed the idle dropped to almost 200-300 RPM and the car almost stalled... I'll clean out my FICV and IACV soon...

I have an 02 - the recall was only for the 99s AFAIK.

tnguyen600

Reaction score
i already had the recall done. most likely thats not it again. the immobilizer wouldnt be a possible answer? it made sense b/c the green key light usually flashes twice the turns off, however it keeps on flashing and doesnt stop. which i was told indicates that the key isn't matching up with the immobilizer hence not allowing me to start my car.

nyknick1015

Reaction score
the green light is the key immboilizer light but if it was that, then the car wouldnt have started at all before which doesnt make sense, The car wouldnt have started at all without the proper key..

tnguyen600

Reaction score
it started before b/c it was working...but it was going bad..slowly, thus when i would try to start the car back up again, sometimes it wouldn't start up right away (losing its programming) but then sometimes it would. Earlier tonight, it finally went dead...the light kept flashing, car wouldnt start.

Back