reFR3SH's DAILY DRIVEN V6 COUPe [Jan 25 New pics!]

JordanFleenor

Reaction score
Re: reFR3SH's DAILY DRIVEN V6 COUPe

I like your car a lot. Glad you finally made a thread for that sexy car :thumbsup:

You have good taste in rims as well. Not ragging on you but why did you go with an ebay lip but some of the nicest wheels on the market? It is like you half-assed some things but emptied your wallet on others. :thinking:

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score

Looks very nice. Is that JV6's coupe you're takin pics with? Both look great.

26820610150229276752939.jpg

This picture is just awesome - background worthy. I love the backlight too, with the setting winter sun. We have almost the same sunsets here in Maine, and we have exactly the same conifer trees :D. I love the nature.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

Car looks great, the VS’s definitely look better than the old ones. I actually never thought Emotion Cr’s were that great looking, personally.

Anyway, what is Burning Silver? Is that a BMW color? I have a set of VS’s that I can’t decide whether to powdercoat gold or a silver.

And do you have any more photos of them, maybe non doctored photos? I’d like to see that silver closer up in normal light, it looks great.

Last edited:

Raul

Reaction score

You've graced 6GA with your presence, as much as you love V6P, how big of you.

lol. Yeah i saw op's post in V6p's coupe pic thread:lolhitting:

Everything aside, car looks great! Even the bayson r oe replica lip flows well.

reFR3SH

Reaction score

hey guys thanks for all the love :)

@Jordan
I feel like in our cars lifetime we go through many styles, and we go through phases which is like the 'whatever' phase.. yanno? I use to be all into the static things, like hellaflush canibeat stuff like that, its really cool but impractical for the roads here in bc. So i decided to go a different route with the car, keeping it clean and whatnot; now that I look at the pictures in comparison.. I think it speaks for itself which one looks better haha

@RedRyder
Burning silver is a finish that is from WORK. Ive been through some pictures of your car and it looks awesome! There are some red accords that sport GOLD wheels, and in my opinion the VSXX gold would really match your car. HOWEVER... If you want to be conservative and not all flashyflashy-showcar thing, silver works just as well, or maybe even polished finish would look awesome (and be different! :))

@RussianRed
Yeah its JV6 haha; and I love that picture too! It was shot in pitch black with long exposure, that was a light painted picture :p

and come on guys! the bayson-r lip is really not that bad! i think it looks alright! I'm still looking for a rear lip.. *checks here everysingleday* lets pray for oem goodness

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

Ah gotcha, thanks for the info. I have pondered gold and I think it could look really good, but I don’t like the car to attract too much attention. Not that gold is that wild. That burning silver looks really clean though too, I think my red BBK would look good behind it. Do you know what Work wheels that color came on? Just looking for some references. Polished is probably out for the disks - the lips and wheel bolts will be polished, so I want a little contrast I think.

Post any more photos of the wheels in natural light, if you have any. Thanks. ;)

And thanks for the compliments. :)

kn0x47

Reaction score

^chris, how about a full polish with gold plated rivets or whatever they're called. that was an idea i had but not sure how ghetto that actually is

reFR3SH

Reaction score

Depending on where you get the rivets from it can range from 2-4$ EACH RIVET. and theres 36x4 so if you calculate that its cheaper to paint the faces (or even get them polished) rather than get custom color rivets; also something that you cant really DIY cause you dont wanna be disassembling and reassembling 3pc wheels imo.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

^chris, how about a full polish with gold plated rivets or whatever they're called. that was an idea i had but not sure how ghetto that actually is

Not completely opposed to that Jon, I'd have to PS it and see what it would look like. I feel like I am leaning toward the disk and lips being different finishes though, at least for now. That scheme could look good if done right though.

Depending on where you get the rivets from it can range from 2-4$ EACH RIVET. and theres 36x4 so if you calculate that its cheaper to paint the faces (or even get them polished) rather than get custom color rivets; also something that you cant really DIY cause you dont wanna be disassembling and reassembling 3pc wheels imo.

Well mine have 40 bolts so if it was $3 per, that would be $480. Yikes, lol.

What do you have against disassembling wheels? If you do it correctly and torque everything properly, it should be fine. I will be taking mine apart to drop the disks off at the powdercoater, who hopefully can also polish the bolts. And I have to refinish two of the lips. and order two new ones then I'll put them all back together.

Sorry for threadjacking, OP.

Back