Removing entire front dash

6genaccord

Reaction score
I've searched and really haven't been able to find much of anything pertaining to a HOW TO or some tips when removing the entire front dash.

Somewhere I remember reading that Justin just painted his dash while it was in the car, but I want to take the whole thing out. Someone else said in the same thread "why not just take it out? it just pops out"

Well I took out my gauge cluster, VAC control cluster, and glove box and the whole thing isn't moving... I'm out of ideas, there are no more screws to unscrew and my car is a mess in my garage now... so if anyone has taken the dash out what's next?

Thanks guys

GoldnKnight22

TWM:TLMF
Reaction score
sorry man, I don't have any other knowledge for you. My guess is that even if every screw and clip has been removed, it must also have been sealed with some glue in places for rigidity and sound reduction. Maybe you gotta give that bish a TUG!! :skurred:

Check with Danny, since he took every damn thing out in his car. I don't remember if his build thread says anything about the process he went through with his dash and all that.

good luck dude. hope to see you the 27th. lol.

CHID0

Reaction score
I think i saw a how to in my haynes manual....when i get home i'll see if i can find it....

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
What are you trying to do? If you're just going to paint it I would really recommend leaving it in the car. Dash removal can be a PITA. I remember reading a DIY on it a long time ago, I forget where though. Driveaccord maybe??

EDIT: Nope not driveaccord, just went over there and checked. I feel dirty now.

Last edited:

lashlee

Reaction score
I've done it a few times in mine. It's not too bad but I will say that it still takes me about an hour and a half. You would do better with a haynes manual, but you do have to unbolt the bottom bracket for the column and the passenger airbag. Don't forget that you'll have some of the harness that will go with the dash that will have to be undone from near the bottom of the dash. For me, it's way easier to pull the seats as well.

vutoq

Reaction score
Sounds like a pain. Good luck! Get some pics if possible.

dynasty

Reaction score
most of them are clips for sure. there's more clips than screws from my point of me. just use a flathead along with a towel and pry them off. what parts do you need to take out?

dreman

H22-5spd Swapped CG5
Reaction score
I need to do this to the bottom portion of the dash not looking forward to it. Here are some pics I found that my homie 98EXL took when Honduh.com was alive. I can't find a DIY since it was deleted.

Heatercorereplacement002.jpg

Heatercorereplacement003.jpg

Heatercorereplacement006.jpg

Heatercorereplacement007.jpg

Heatercorereplacement022.jpg

Heatercorereplacement023.jpg

6genaccord

Reaction score
thanks alot dreman. great pictures

I ended up leaving it in and spraying it in there. I got nervous around the airbag haha and i think it was much easier to leave it in. I'm gonna see how it holds up and then if need be i'll be taking it out completely.

Back