replaced window motor, window rolls down slow still

k3nnex

Reaction score
Hi guys, this car is driving me nuts right now. My passenger window rolled down slow so I bought a new motor/regulator from ebay, after a lot of sweat I finally got the new motor installed.

however after all that hard work the window still rolled down slow eventually it gets stuck about 1/4th of the way down. If I give the window a push, it will eventually roll down on its own. Does anyone have any idea what is wrong here? I looked for intrusions and don't see anything obvious. This is driving me off the walls!!

startswitha

Reaction score
Hi guys, this car is driving me nuts right now. My passenger window rolled down slow so I bought a new motor/regulator from ebay, after a lot of sweat I finally got the new motor installed.

however after all that hard work the window still rolled down slow eventually it gets stuck about 1/4th of the way down. If I give the window a push, it will eventually roll down on its own. Does anyone have any idea what is wrong here? I looked for intrusions and don't see anything obvious. This is driving me off the walls!!

Did you try lubing the sides?

k3nnex

Reaction score
It was a nightmare enough just getting the window regulator in and out. How do I lube the sides and what the hell is a parasitic wire

Solidus

Reaction score
It was a nightmare enough just getting the window regulator in and out. How do I lube the sides and what the hell is a parasitic wire

If its not your motor than it would be your Regulator that can be getting caught on something or starting to go bad. View Diagram #2.

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com...(LEATHER)&catcgry4=KA4AT&catcgry5=DOOR+WINDOW

Dealer is pretty pricey on these. If you decide on replacing these, AutoZone for the same price as 1 from dealer you get both sides with Lifetime warranty. Plus nice video on Youtube shows you how to easily swap them out.

gsrteg

Reaction score
There's probably resistance in the circuit. It could be your window switch, inspect the connectors for any type of corrosion.

Back