Retrofitted OEM Mirrors with led strip

gold4door02

Reaction score
These look really good!! Very creative. . . I think it would look better if you dremmeled out a small portion of the mirror so to have that plastic strip sitting flush. But overall very cool. I just retrofitted a VW jetta third brake lite into my brake light and it came out pretty nice. I love the idea of taking parts off of other vehicles and modding them to work for us. What a concept!! Lmao

blackcord

Reaction score
looks good ... I think I would have just got some TSX mirrors instead though
Thanks. I dont think TSX will fit unless you mod the mounting base which is probably a pain.

Great job! I have been planning to do the same for a year now but I got the benz led strips.
Thanks. Any pics of the benz strip? Make your and post up your results.

Awesome !
Thanks bro.

These look really good!! Very creative. . . I think it would look better if you dremmeled out a small portion of the mirror so to have that plastic strip sitting flush. But overall very cool. I just retrofitted a VW jetta third brake lite into my brake light and it came out pretty nice. I love the idea of taking parts off of other vehicles and modding them to work for us. What a concept!! Lmao
Thanks. Actually I knew that the plastic strip would make it look a bit weird. So been thinking about using something else, then it hit me! Black zip ties! I gotta find me some and try that. Luckily the plastic strips are only help on using 3m double sided tape, so it should be easy to peel off and change these out to the zip tie edging.

I know what you mean regarding taking parts from other parts and putting it into our Accords!! I put Nissan Maxima corners into my front corner when I did my HID retrofit. See here for more http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31602

Looks good. I've been looking something similar but have been coming up empty. Good job.
:thinking:
Thanks. Yeah, I had that project in my head for a long time before I finally decided to try it.

LeBirdNest

Titleist
Reaction score
Looks good enough. I just think the body of our cars is a little too out dated for this style mod.

Great craftsmanship though.

LeAccord

Reaction score
Looks good man. Props for the effort put into it. But i think the LED looks a bit too modern for our cars.. Maybe something like this would suit better;
honda_insight_lx_2010_exterior_mirror.jpg

emilyee

Reaction score
I'd like to say this is a great job after viewing the pics you posted.:coffee:

`

kn0x47

Reaction score
Nice work. Hopefully you can get rid of the plastic strips then seal it in with black silicone from the inside

blackcord

Reaction score
Looks good enough. I just think the body of our cars is a little too out dated for this style mod.

Great craftsmanship though.
Thanks. I think it gives my car a fresh look actually.

I think it looks clean but not my cup of tea. Lok but hey if u like it rock it!
Thanks.

Looks good man. Props for the effort put into it. But i think the LED looks a bit too modern for our cars.. Maybe something like this would suit better;
honda_insight_lx_2010_exterior_mirror.jpg
Thanks. Doing that cut would have been much more difficult tho.

I'd like to say this is a great job after viewing the pics you posted.:coffee:

`
Thanks.

Nice work. Hopefully you can get rid of the plastic strips then seal it in with black silicone from the inside
Thanks. Actually the plastic strip is only held on with 3m double sided tape. I am thinking of something less "bulky". Maybe some zip ties (I know - ghetto) lol

juiCyyaccOrd

Reaction score
wow i like this idea!! lol cool! always thought of it but never knew how to actually put it together lol

Back