RETUNE UPDATE - Erik123456789's Official SOHC Turbo Build!!!

Atreidies

Reaction score
Re: Erik123456789's Official SOHC Turbo Build!!!

Are you running oem replacements or upgraded axles?

Erik123456789

Reaction score

how did ur axle break? too much powah!?

Haha nah man I wish! It seemed like it though, it was holding up fine during the 50% pulls and it just snapped during the first real pull. :boohoo:

I hope so :rock:

:rock:

Are you running oem replacements or upgraded axles?

Just oem replacements, I haven't really thought about upgrading them yet cus I don't know if I have to.. I don't do ever do launches or anything.

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score

damn looks good man.Cant wait to see numbers.and or an organized part listing/build.
why the h22 tranny? I forgot the difference's..something with longer shifts or something another.ha?

Atreidies

Reaction score

damn looks good man.Cant wait to see numbers.and or an organized part listing/build.
why the h22 tranny? I forgot the difference's..something with longer shifts or something another.ha?

H22 tranny=shorter gears, faster revs, high rpms at cruising speed

F23 tranny=longer gears, slower revs but hold boost longer, more fuel economy at cruising speed

Pre-op tranny=ask for a refund or don't tell ANYONE :puke:

Atreidies

Reaction score

With short gears, you are going to shift more often. Each time you shift, your bov purges boost. Between lag and more shifting, you will not be at peak boost as much time as with a longer geared tranny. To be honest, with turbo technology where it is, and the fact that you probably won't be running high psi, it really isn't a huge difference. Unless, of course, you have some stupid huge turbo or WG issues.

akoutmos

Reaction score

With short gears, you are going to shift more often. Each time you shift, your bov purges boost. Between lag and more shifting, you will not be at peak boost as much time as with a longer geared tranny. To be honest, with turbo technology where it is, and the fact that you probably won't be running high psi, it really isn't a huge difference. Unless, of course, you have some stupid huge turbo or WG issues.

Thats not necessarily correct. Even though you will be running peak boost doesn't mean you will be makin peak power. 10psi for me at 3.5k rpms is much different than 10psi at 6k rpms. With a shorter transmission you'll be able to go through the gears faster meaning you'll accelerate faster. Also you'll keep your rpms high which means you'll be in the power band longer. Even if you bov does dump your boost, regaining boost at high rpms is not hard or laggy.

Atreidies

Reaction score

Thats not necessarily correct. Even though you will be running peak boost doesn't mean you will be makin peak power. 10psi for me at 3.5k rpms is much different than 10psi at 6k rpms. With a shorter transmission you'll be able to go through the gears faster meaning you'll accelerate faster. Also you'll keep your rpms high which means you'll be in the power band longer. Even if you bov does dump your boost, regaining boost at high rpms is not hard or laggy.

That's why I said it really isn't that much of a difference. That being said, with the longer geared tranny, you only drop down to 4k rpms after a shift. That is still enough rpms for a quick spool, and it puts you right around where you are making peak torque.

hotaccord243

Reaction score

It also depends on what you set your rev limit at, because potentially if you have the right setup, and the higher rev limit, you can be in the power band longer with the F23 transmission vs. the H...

With the axles, there is no need to upgrade. save your money. Our axles are technically the same material and product as most aftermarket axle upgrades available for our car. If you do wanna spend the money, you aren't getting much of an upgrade for the money your gonna spend. just stick OEM.

just thought i'd chime in.

Back