revs limited in neutral no CEL manual tran no accel

teidullie

Reaction score
i told you guys i wasnt just being an idiot reving my engine for no reason it was just a curiosity thing cus it wouldnt rev above 2300 while i was in motion and under load so i wanted to see if it would rev higher in neutral so i could maybe help some smarter people diagnose the problem i really do appreciate all the positive help i recieve on thie site but why post something when its obvious you didnt read through the thread as i said this earlier to someone who said the same thing

shavedaccord

Reaction score
Well my bad then, guess I didn't read close enough. Either way there is a rev limiter around 4k that cuts power to the engine and resembles a 2 step system. So that method would be sort of unreliable.

teidullie

Reaction score
nope im not even throwing a code to the post above yours tho im in the process of trying to get the old cat off (tons of rust) but would a worn timing belt do that cus i know i need to replace mine and if it will help with diagnosing the problem the car will run now sorta normal but i can still tell there is a major power loss still and it still sounds like s*** under throttle

Last edited:

Fuzz

Reaction score
Have you done a compression test yet? Take your car to the mechanic and have it checked out man. Driving the car the way it is -- only makes matters worse. Thing of it this way. If you can't afford 200$ of labour, how do you afford a new engine if something gets messed up because you kept driving it.

Could you do us a favour and type proper sentences. It is really hard to understand what you are saying because it is just one continuing thing. Very annoying and hard to read.

Thanks.

Last edited:

teidullie

Reaction score
LOL, my bad for the bad english I will fix it now. To answer your question, no i have never done a compression test. Would i have to go to a performance shop for this or would i be able to go to like Jiffy Lube or something similar ? And I totally agree with you about the $200 dollar statement. My question to you though are the symptoms I have described through out this post consistent with a clogged cat or more so with bad compression ?

Thanks

Misterd0505

Reaction score
i'm having a very similar problem with my car.. i just put a rebuilt in it, and it's now got the problem that you're having.. i've never had a problem before this, but now all of a sudden it's happened. Everytime i give it anymore than like, 25-35% throttle it boggs down and wants to stall.. but what makes my problem even weirder.. every time i shift gears (usually around 3.5-4k), i have to leave the clutch in till the RPMs drop to 1, then i can let the clutch out.. otherwise if i shift and let the clutch out right away like normal, it'll stay around 2k and no matter how much gas i give it it doesn't move.. cylinder #1 had no compression, but i don't think that's the only problem.. i'm interested to see what your problem is.. maybe mine's the same? g/l with it.

iHazSnail

Reaction score
i had this problem and tried everything and its mother but couldn't figure it out till i got the water temp gauge checked. and surely enough, soon as i got that fixed, no problems ever since!

Back