Rocking back and forth

truWarier02

Reaction score
About a week and a half ago.. I got new tires and wheels. I also got an alignment cause I haven't gotten one for over a year.
Front toe is at 0.0 and Rear toe is at 0.8, which is still within spec.

When I'm driving on the highway.. I notice that my car seems to rock side to side and especially after going on uneven pavement. If I tried to just hold the steering wheel straight and cruise.. I notice my car rocking side to side (sorta like the feeling when an 18 wheeler passes by you and sways your car).

What could the problem be?
Wheel weights? Improper balancing of the wheels?

MrLazie1

Reaction score
all four tires have the same tire pressure? all tires at the same size? any worn suspension parts? bent? broken?

truWarier02

Reaction score
All tires are 215/45/17 but I have a staggered 17x7 and 17x9 setup. Not sure if that's the problem though. I'm thinking it's just bad balancing as well..

truWarier02

Reaction score
Haha I had your thread bookmarked earlier before you showed it to me lol. But yeah, hopefully it just needs a rebalance cause these tires are new Falken FK452, which are quality tires too so hopefully they're not defected. "knock on wood"

drifthobo

Reaction score
On my new wheels and tires, only on retarded pavement I get that problem too. I guess it's just pavement? Unless it's happening everywhere for you....

Back