RR's 2014 ATS 6spd 2.0T

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Yeah. I'm going to look locally for a tuner otherwise everyone on the ATS FB page raves about Bad News Racing. They are in Florida but apparently they are great about remote tuning.

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
get headers to go with the downpipe first, THEN get a tune...

i wonder if u guys have an off-the-shelf tuning instrument like how OFT is for the frs/brz and cobb for the wrx/sti?

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Yeah I want to get the downpipe, exhaust, intake, throttle body, intercooler, and anything else on before tuning it. BNR retunes for free, if that doesn't work out.

I am still figuring out how all this works but here is what ZZ Performance offers. I guess if I went this route I would buy the Stage 1 kit and swap PCM's, then depending on the computer/software situation retune if I add more mods.
https://zzperformance.com/ats/electronics/zzp-1-0-ats-pcm.html

Bad News Racing has a handheld you can buy where you log the tunes, send BNR the logs, and then they send a new tune.
http://store.badnewsracing.net/BNR-Tune-2013-Cadillac-ATS-20T_p_347.html

There is also Vermont Tuning but they are more pricey. Or there is always HP Tuners but you have to find a tuner that knows their stuff to use it with your car. I am kind of leaning toward the BNR route, everyone talks about their customer service and how their tunes are more specifically engineered for how your particular car is running. Apparently the guy who does the tunes works extra hours and weekends just to help people out.

Maybe this stuff is somewhat similar to what you mentioned? Not sure, I am not familar with OFT or Cobb. Or tuning in general haha, this is a new world.

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
the BNR one is the equivalent of what i was referring to... u start with a off-the-shelf tune, then u log some data and send it back to BNR for them to tweak the tune

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Alright I thought it might be similar, glad there is a good tuning option for this motor. Luckily I do not have to worry about emissions here.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
this is going to sound like one hot rod cadillac :lawl: and i would've opted for the cold air intake just for more whoosh sound haha. i loved that about my gti after i put the intake on. looking forward to some sound clips once it's all done.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
The turbo whine and blowoff sounds amazing with the CAI, but the air sucking sound at idle is obnoxiously loud haha. Plus the only CAI that supposedly does not trigger a CEL is the Injen (MAF sensor is sensitive on these cars), but it's $300+ and the mod list is too long to spend that just for an intake. The intake tube and drop-in filter I bought will make everything louder, and some people even cut the airbox a little for more whoosh haha.

I cannot wait to get more sound out of this car, I hate how quiet it is. The intake, catless downpipe, and Borla exhaust should make things much better once it's all on and tuned.

Accordx

Reaction score
Haha gotta love those vacuum noises coming from the engine bay, when I start up my CG in the morning the intake is pretty damn loud lol

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Came across a good deal on an OEM lip kit. It's red but getting it painted to match is still cheaper than the cheapest white kit I could find. Pretty excited as this is a must have for me, I think it makes the car.

Spoiler kit by C B, on Flickr

Installed on a red ATS. Thinking I'll wrap the middle black section on the front lip in carbon fiber to match the CF rear spoiler.

Lip kit_front 3Q by C B, on Flickr

I like how they replaced some of the flat black area on the rear with aluminum.

Lip kit_rear 3Q by C B, on Flickr

Last edited:
Back