RR's 2014 ATS 6spd 2.0T

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Had my first dealer visit, not going to lie they treat you like a superstar haha. Just such a contrast from going to Honda, it took a normal joe like me by surprise. Many people say Cadillac isn’t even as good as Mercedes or Lexus, if so then those dealers must be pretty remarkable.

Photoshopped what things will look like with the new grill. I am going to swap to the new style emblem (they deleted the wreath in 2015) and color match it to the Brembo calipers, maybe Volvo Polestar blue or Mustang Grabber blue. Don’t know what wheels I want so for now gonna try dipping my lowly 17’s a dark gunmetal & apply the glossifier.

Parking Garage-2_mod_1_full by C B, on Flickr

This guy’s car has been my inspiration, it's kind of the look I’m going for. He has the same hybrid lip kit I will have. Long story short the ATS accessory “kit” I bought ended up only including the front lip and rear diffuser, no sideskirts. I can’t buy those separately but the ATS-V rockers are readily available and bolt up. Happy accident I guess, they look better anyway.

4E847ECF-4D53-4ECA-9461-ECB0919F7C90 by C B, on Flickr

Ordering the V rockers today, then when they come in I can drop them and the front lip off for paint, as well as the grill pieces and spoiler. I feel like this has taken forever and I can’t wait to finally get something major done on this car. Stock is crushing my soul. :lawl:

Last edited:

SykVSyx

Reaction score
I like the way you think, CB.

Mods are being very tastefully done, which is expected.

IMHO, the inspiration car needs some aftermarket wheels. The rears look smaller than the front, but the ride height is perfect.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
The rears just look smaller due to the perspective of the photo? Theyre 18x8 +42 F and 18x9 +52 R, and he's lowered on BC coilovers. I like the style but the offsets are too high and they just don't have any depth, which is not surprising since they are OEM. Plus I think 19" wheels are the sweet spot for the ATS. I still like the ones I posted in post#37, but I also like TSW Mirabeau and a few others. Though I would consider a set of the coupe wheels below if I came across them cheap enough, they are wider and lower offset. Just about anything is better than the lame 17's on mine, but just going to paint them for now haha.

11CECCC0-768F-45C2-80C6-559ABB16AB73 by C B, on Flickr

Last edited:

SykVSyx

Reaction score
It is the angle of the pic, although the design of some manufacturer's to have the rear wheel well significantly lower than the front doesn't help.

I like the wheels you posted up there ^. Those look good, so, if the ride height is on point, I could see those looking pretty good.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Installed intake and catch cans over the weekend. Turbo noise is louder, no one expects a PSHHH from this car haha. Mishimoto makes a nice catch can system.

Got busy with the house for a while, redid some flooring and the deck. Finally can focus on the car again, lip kit and spoiler go to paint this week.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Picked up some wheels. Niche Vosso 19x8.5 +35F / 19x9.5+35R Tires will be 235/35 and 265/30, likely Hankooks with how versatile their sizing is. Trying to decide on lugs.

Also painted the Brembo's Grabber Blue with a custom kit from G2. Probably just paint the rear calipers black since they're standard.

20180824_192235 by C B, on Flickr

20180824_192310 by C B, on Flickr

20180824_183751 by C B, on Flickr

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Those don't even look like 19's on there.

Nice choice of style. :waytogo:

If Vagons weren't almost 60K up here, I am positive I would have had one by now.

Any plans for a chrome trim delete?

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
^Yeah they kinda don't haha. Thanks Derek.

I would donate a shmesticle for a Vagon if the wife would let me. :lawl: Autos can be had for high $40k's - $50k's. But manuals are hard to find below $60k. At one point I looked at swapping the 6spd manual from the CTS sedan into a CTS wagon, but realized I didn't want to go down that road again.

I am going to delete some of the chrome but keep some of the smaller more subtle touches of it.

Back