shops that install coilovers in nyc and priceing

itzcoryng

Reaction score
Hi, I want to install coilovers but I'm not sure a good price for the labor. I need a reliable shop in ny to help me install them. So I'm just wondering what's a good price for labor. And is there any recommended shops in nyc. And I'm also wondering if the ff coilovers on eBay are reliable. Thanks for help.

Macsrule15

Reaction score
yes they are reliable but why not buy them straight from our retailer here? we get them for cheaper.... i believe his sn is NASOHC

and just install yourself if you have a basic working knowledge of mechanics and a ratchet set and a jack haha its easy man just takes time

good luck

LeBirdNest

Titleist
Reaction score
Do it yourself. With the amount of money it would cost you to have a shop do it, you could get yourself a ratchet set, a floor jack and time to do it on your street.

itzcoryng

Reaction score
yes they are reliable but why not buy them straight from our retailer here? we get them for cheaper.... i believe his sn is NASOHC

and just install yourself if you have a basic working knowledge of mechanics and a ratchet set and a jack haha its easy man just takes time

good luck

I have very minimal knowledge of mechanics. And I figured all my bolts are rusted so it would be a bit difficult for me to do. I also read if you do it wrong, you can pop your head off. I would like to keep my head intact.

20-CG5-01

KanomNom
Reaction score
To be honest, installing a suspension on our car is easier than it seems.

Get a low profile jack $60 if I am correct it should be a 1.5 ton jack, harbor freight has alot of sale right now. Some jack stand $40. Tools 80-180 depending on quality.

Have a friend with you, should take no more than 8 hours if it is your first time. Took my buddy and me 6 hours, we had an air compressor so it made it easier. Then again we had a strut / sleeve combo and had to reuse some of the OEM parts. After the first time you should be able to do it no problem 3-4 hours max by yourself.

Trust me it is a good experience + you get experience and tools for the future. Don't spend the extra $200 to have a shop do it.

Its all bolts and screws.

Last edited:

jdmcg3

Reaction score
^this.

back when i first lowered my civic way back in the day i had no idea really how to work on a car.. but i just got up under there and figured it out. wasnt that hard at all. should be even easier since youre swapping out the whole strut and spring assembly. and wont have to deal with taking the spring off and putting new ones on.. thats a pain in the ***

LeBirdNest

Titleist
Reaction score
I hope you figure it out man. Doing this yourself will benefit you in the long run as you can fix any problems that occur or be able to raise and lower your car by yourself after learning how to do it alone.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score

good luck with that. he still hasnt pm'd me back from when i pm'd him on may 7th asking about some type ones, even though he has been online.

its alright though, i ended up getting type twos from somewhere else for cheaper than what he used to have posted in his thread.​

Back