Skid Plate

JordanFleenor

Reaction score
Ok if you can find out for me that'd be awesome.
Wanna know how thick the metal you used was and did you bolt it to the frame?

5acc0rd4

Reaction score
Ok if you can find out for me that'd be awesome.
Wanna know how thick the metal you used was and did you bolt it to the frame?

The metal was 1/4" aluminum, not 1/8" like I stated before (edited now). I bolted it to the frame or the subframe is what I called it since it bolts onto the car... I used c-clamps to hold it up to the subframe and I drilled through the plate and the subframe at the same time so that the holes would line up perfectly. Then I took the c-clamps off and put the plate aside so that I could tap the holes, allowing the bolts to grip the actual subframe and eliminating the need for nuts on the back of each bolt, since the subframe consists of hollow tubes and the back of each bolt wouldnt be accessible

5acc0rd4

Reaction score
hope you dont scrape the heads flat

That's why I countersunk the holes for the bolts.... so that if/when they get scraped, I'll still be able to unscrew them. In other words, the heads of the bolts are flush with the plate so that the heads dont get messed up or catch on anything and break.

LeBirdNest

Titleist
Reaction score
well. at least im lower than that john pepper character. but i still want to do it. ... darn that john pepper.

:lawl:

john, become a dr. please.

5acc0rd4

Reaction score
JordanFleenor: Sorry I didn't update this with the exhaust cutout location last weekend like I said I would... =[ I'm going to be doing some work on my car later tonight so I'll measure the plate for you and update this thread with the measurements :thumbsup:

Back