Smog Check Question

Ric Rock

Reaction score
As some of you know i just did a auto to manual swap in my 01 accord, when i was at the honda dealership getting my keys programmed to the new ecu i heard off to the side some random talk from a mechanic saying my car will never pass smog check again because of my swap.

he mentioned something that automatic transmission cams and 5speed cams are different and that my cars emissions will be all effed up plus something about my vin # registering an auto car but the car nows a manual....

kindah made me worried... does anyone know if my car will pass smog? does anyone know or have passed smog since after an auto swap to manual?? in my opinion i think i will pass my next smog check but a little of me is worried that i might not.

i tried searching around for info on it but was not successful. figured you pros here can help shed some light.

My cars an 01 f23a4 ulev engine and i live in california.

dreman

H22-5spd Swapped CG5
Reaction score
Damn bro you did the swap already how's it been so far? as long as you don't have a CEL I don't see why you would fail. I don't buy that the cams are not the same lol but again if you have no CEL you should be good.

IcyAccord

Reaction score
he mentioned something that automatic transmission cams and 5speed cams are different and that my cars emissions will be all effed up plus something about my vin # registering an auto car but the car nows a manual....

Wtf? I think that mechanic should be fired for being retarded.

Ric Rock

Reaction score
Damn bro you did the swap already how's it been so far? as long as you don't have a CEL I don't see why you would fail. I don't buy that the cams are not the same lol but again if you have no CEL you should be good.

yeah ive had the swap done now for like the past two or three weeks...the car runs a whole lot more solid. it was everything i dreamed it would be and more, and on top of things my gas mileage went up a grip!!!!:leeann::leeann: car runs good and im saving gas

yeah i dont have any cels and everything works the temp gauge and the speedo and air conditioning all work fine its like my car was never an auto...

nice thanks dre for all your input and help

nexTOme

Reaction score
i dont think there's n e thing you should worry about....like dre said, CEL is different story.....

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
wow.. tht mechanic is a lil :huh: ur car should be fine...

as for meh and mah swap with passing smog....... :coffee:

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Go back and shove your auto shifter up his *** for being a dumbass and somehow holding down a job at a dealership.

Back