Snoobly's 5 speed swap!

Snoobly

Reaction score
Those holes should already be drilled and tapped for the tranny side bracket and studs. With out knowing what you pulled the bolts from, showing us pictures with them next to a tape measure isn't gonna help us identify them.

I don't know what that first picture is but it's not for a 6th gen.

The holes are just holes as far s I can tell. I'll double check when I get home on Saturday. But when I was working on cleaning it I put a screw driver in to feel for threads and felt nothing.
All of those parts are from a 93 accord LX. The two long bolts I believe are for the starter and tranny, but I dunno which one for which, that's why the tape measure is next to those... Hopefully someone will remember which one is longer. Other parts the bolts could have come from are the shifter cables, fluid resovoir, or clutch master cylinder.
Hope that clears some stuff up!

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
None of those bolts are for the starter, too big. Rest look like trans bolts to mount to motor.

SxyRed6gen

Reaction score
You don't need a dampener, you need a complete 6th gen clutch line which doesn't utilize one. Where your bracket lines up; there should be 3 threaded holes corresponding to the ones on the bracket, but, you will have to tap them if they're still smooth. The "screw" that goes in those openings are threaded on both sides with a flat/round part in the center.
lllllll[]llllllll <= Sort of like that, and they should fit a 17mm open end nut.
Let me know if anything is unclear, Im only half awake right now

Snoobly

Reaction score
None of those bolts are for the starter, too big. Rest look like trans bolts to mount to motor.
Alright thank you. I will have to purchase the starter bolt then.

You don't need a dampener, you need a complete 6th gen clutch line which doesn't utilize one. Where your bracket lines up; there should be 3 threaded holes corresponding to the ones on the bracket, but, you will have to tap them if they're still smooth. The "screw" that goes in those openings are threaded on both sides with a flat/round part in the center.
lllllll[]llllllll <= Sort of like that, and they should fit a 17mm open end nut.
Let me know if anything is unclear, Im only half awake right now
Alright so I have the bracket bolts and I already know I need to tap the holes.
Now, you say I don't need the dampner? So just run the line straight from the master cylinder to the slave cylinder? And I can just use a brake line, it doesn't require a special clutch line or anything?

And the starter uses a 14mm and a 17mm where it mounts to the trans I believe
I will check these sizes when I get home! Thank you!

Snoobly

Reaction score
well installed clutch pedal/master cylinder and the resevoir last night. cleaned up the transmission yesterday too since it was a big chunk of grease and dirt. now its shiny <3
101_3695.jpg

101_3694.jpg

101_3696.jpg

101_3701.jpg

Also i have almost everything to swap. Waiting for axle to arrive and the intermediate shaft (also called the Jack Shaft?) i hope to go down to the junk yard and get on monday. and then i just need clutch lines and a couple bolts and then i'll be ready to swap! :D

swollen_cu

Reaction score
All of those 17mm are bell housing bolts. And those short 17mm bolts look like they're for the front mount bracket.

And as for the starter bolts, there should be 2 14mm bolts. One long one and another one which is like an 1-1.5" shorter.

Snoobly

Reaction score
Alright! Almost done! just need the intermediate shaft which i hope to pick up from the junkyard tomorrow or friday. But i can't find anywhere to buy the clutch lines to run from the master cylinder to to clutch damper. The thread size is different than most, im assuming because its from a 93. Anyone have any good websites i could buy this from, or should i just see if the junkyard had some used?

Back