So removing rear interior panels

matty2013

Reaction score
SO I have a coupe, and I'm doing some sound deadening in the doors, because they are loud as ****. So I did the 2 doors, and now my dilema is the rear panels. I checked the Haynes manual and see that I'm gonna have to be taking the entire rear seat out just to pull the panels. Anyone done this before and can shoot me some advice?

Some eye candy!

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Be careful when pullin the panels off, they can crack where the seat belt slits are. I recommend pulling the rear deck out as well, makes things easier.

KnightRyder

Reaction score
the first seat you want to remove is the passenger side back (the small one) theres just a few bolts on the bottom back of that seat and it'll slide out pretty easy, then once you have that one out, you'll see another bolt right where both seats hinge, you need to pull that bolt out and then pull out the bolts on the back of the drivers side rear seat. then it'll slide out as well. there is one bolt holding the bottom rear seat in place, once you remove the backs, you'll see it, remove that and pull up on the front portion of the rear seat bottom and it'll pop off. each of the side panels is held on with 2 bolts, one in the little pocket at the bottom and one near the bottom rear, the rest are just clips so you can pull till they pop out. you may have to pop off the door sills on both sides to make things easier for the rear panels to come off.

pretty straight forward. good luck.

PROJECT H

Reaction score
lol...

fold the seats down,.. then unbolt the rear seats.. i think you need a 10mm and 8mm (or 10 and 12 mm? i forgot lol).. theres 4 bolts all together that hold the rear seats in place...

2x10mm on the ends near the plastic panels...
2x8mm in the middle of the seats.
4 screws that hold the panel in place, 2 on each side (at the bottom near the 10mm bolts? and 1 inside the deep hole thing...

make sure you un latch the cushion too.. just pull and it pops off..
and take off the plastic cover in the back..

after that.. start prying hte panels off... and pop out the clips as you pull.. start from an easy access area that you can get a good grip. :naughty:

basicallly w.e knightryder said is correct. hehe

Back