spoiler- yes or no?

Discussion in 'Detailing, Paint, Interior, Show mods' started by ninjacord, May 14, 2013.

1. ninjacord

ninjacord Well-Known Member

Sup guys n gals, trying to get a feel for ppls feelings on the oem spoiler. My former accord had no spoiler, and my current accord does. I was thinking about taking it off. All feedback is always appreciated.

2. Brad2274

Brad2274 Well-Known Member

i put one on my car when i got it painted, i kinda regret it and it's not something you just pull off, you gotta fill/weld the holes, easier to buy a spolerless trunk. i wouldve went with a good sized m3 lip spoiler and a rear window spoiler if i could choose again

3. JackOfClubs

JackOfClubs Well-Known Member

I really like the OEM spoiler on the sedans and coupes. I think the trunk is too long on the coupe for it to go spoiler-less, and the sedans just look less... old-peopley with a spoiler.

4. RedRyder

RedRyder Be a better driver

My last car didn’t have a spoiler so I always wanted one, I think the OEM coupe wings look pretty sweet honestly. But after I got my roof spoiler on, I started to dislike it more and more until I finally removed it (it and the roof spoiler together just started looking too “busy”). Now I have a trunk lip which is more subtle and better echoes the roof spoiler.

If you definitely want to go wingless, I would just keep your eye out for a wingless trunk, no matter how long it takes. Afterall it’s not like it’s something that absolutely has to get done. I couldn’t find a wingless trunk after looking for months, so I finally bought one that use to have a spoiler for $50 at a junk yard, had the holes welded shut and grinded down, then had it painted. When all was said and done, I spent $375. So if you’re not in a rush, I’d recommend taking your time, and just wait until you find a stock wingless trunk lid.

I do think the OEM wing looks good though, as long as you don't have a roof spoiler.

5. Valet

Valet IS300 SX > Accord

I like my coupe wing. Wouldn't get rid of it

Although M3 style with the rear window spoiler is also a good look

6. ninjacord

ninjacord Well-Known Member

Well i still hav my old accord. So i hav the spoilerless trunk. I guess im trying to decide to change it out.

7. RedRyder

RedRyder Be a better driver

Oh. Not sure this needed a thread then. Take some photos of the car with the spoiler on, then swap the trunks and compare. It's really a matter of what you like. Since you have both you can rock one,then switch it up if you want.

8. mrnude

mrnude Well-Known Member

makes the car look sportier

9. DarkSideAccord

DarkSideAccord nadeshiko fobz ftw..

no spoiler

added weight and makes our grocery getters not look like grocery getters :lawl:

10. Mikey

Mikey Well-Known Member

I go back and forth. I see other accord coupes without them and I dont like it. But then I see cars like RedRyder's and it makes me want to remove mine. I think it looks good so long as you have an M3 lip spoiler and/or a roof spoiler, like RR said.

I'm having trouble finding a naked trunk lid so I've contemplated just removing the spoiler and plugging the holes with thick rubber plugs. That way I can get used to it without and if I dislike it, I cant just put the spoiler back on.

Another thing to remember is that if you remove or add a spoiler you have to adjust the 3rd brake light acordingly.