spoiler- yes or no?

ninjacord

Reaction score
Sup guys n gals, trying to get a feel for ppls feelings on the oem spoiler. My former accord had no spoiler, and my current accord does. I was thinking about taking it off. All feedback is always appreciated.

Brad2274

Reaction score
i put one on my car when i got it painted, i kinda regret it and it's not something you just pull off, you gotta fill/weld the holes, easier to buy a spolerless trunk. i wouldve went with a good sized m3 lip spoiler and a rear window spoiler if i could choose again

JackOfClubs

Reaction score
I really like the OEM spoiler on the sedans and coupes. I think the trunk is too long on the coupe for it to go spoiler-less, and the sedans just look less... old-peopley with a spoiler.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
My last car didn’t have a spoiler so I always wanted one, I think the OEM coupe wings look pretty sweet honestly. But after I got my roof spoiler on, I started to dislike it more and more until I finally removed it (it and the roof spoiler together just started looking too “busy”). Now I have a trunk lip which is more subtle and better echoes the roof spoiler.

If you definitely want to go wingless, I would just keep your eye out for a wingless trunk, no matter how long it takes. Afterall it’s not like it’s something that absolutely has to get done. I couldn’t find a wingless trunk after looking for months, so I finally bought one that use to have a spoiler for $50 at a junk yard, had the holes welded shut and grinded down, then had it painted. When all was said and done, I spent $375. So if you’re not in a rush, I’d recommend taking your time, and just wait until you find a stock wingless trunk lid.

I do think the OEM wing looks good though, as long as you don't have a roof spoiler.

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
I like my coupe wing. Wouldn't get rid of it

Although M3 style with the rear window spoiler is also a good look

ninjacord

Reaction score
Well i still hav my old accord. So i hav the spoilerless trunk. I guess im trying to decide to change it out.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Oh. Not sure this needed a thread then. Take some photos of the car with the spoiler on, then swap the trunks and compare. It's really a matter of what you like. Since you have both you can rock one,then switch it up if you want.

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
no spoiler

added weight and makes our grocery getters not look like grocery getters :lawl:

Mikey

Reaction score
I go back and forth. I see other accord coupes without them and I dont like it. But then I see cars like RedRyder's and it makes me want to remove mine. I think it looks good so long as you have an M3 lip spoiler and/or a roof spoiler, like RR said.

I'm having trouble finding a naked trunk lid so I've contemplated just removing the spoiler and plugging the holes with thick rubber plugs. That way I can get used to it without and if I dislike it, I cant just put the spoiler back on.

Another thing to remember is that if you remove or add a spoiler you have to adjust the 3rd brake light acordingly.

Back