98-02_accord_4dr_xtreme_rb.jpg

:rice:
:lolhitting:

sonni_kuba

6GA Supporting Member
Reaction score
To compliment the newly acquired Mugen rims, a Mugen replica wing

13+-+1

Installation/painting June 3, 2013, can't wait :)

Along with fender rolling + spacer installation, lip/skirt molding, and Type R grill mod (top and bottom) ... it's gonna be a good father's day weekend :)

Last edited:

sandydoull

Reaction score
Hey there seems to be alot of spoiler knowledge in this old thread so I wondered if anyone has a quick fix for an OEM spoiler (coupe) that judders and rattles when you close the lid, on closer inspection the fiberglass has some cracks around the mounts, the mounting hardware spins around inside the spoiler when i try removing the bolts for closer inspection, anyone know of a cheap and nasty way of stoppin this rattle when i close the lid:banghead:

sandydoull

Reaction score
FTW meaning that OEM spoilers are of "questionable quality"? (I'm not down with the lingo) "fcuk the world?"

I would be happy if I could find away to stop it rattling when i close the lid, the spolier isn't loose as such more of an aesthetical problem, just a cringeworthy sound :shakehead:

One idea I have is spraying some insulation foam in through one of the cracks and filling the entire spoiler thinking this might dampen the rattle:eh:

Oem spoiler ftw.

Last edited:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Why not replace the spoiler? They can be found cheap enough on Ebay or at junkyards etc. Or try car-part.com.

sandydoull

Reaction score
Problem is that I am in Sweden these are pretty rare in these parts don't think I've even seen another with a spolier for sale in classified ads or at junkyards and I'm not sure what it would cost to ship an eBay spoiler to Sweden probably more than I'd be willing to spend (max $50). I tried filling the cracks with some fiberglass repair gunk but it didn't solve the rattling I think this is due to the loose mounts inside the spoiler.

Why not replace the spoiler? They can be found cheap enough on Ebay or at junkyards etc. Or try car-part.com.

Last edited:
Back