starter

l99accordx

Reaction score
hey
tommorw im replacing my starter...i never did it before i think it should be pretty easy! any tips or advice?

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
If you need a detailed DIY for this, you need help in other areas of life as well.

As far as advice, not much except one thing - get an OEM Honda starter, NOT a duralast from AutoZone or Advance Auto Parts.. trust me on this one, I got first-hand bad experience. Majestic Honda carries OEM for a good deal, but obviously all starters are rebuilt.

Just two bolts holding it onto the block. To access them, you must remove your battery and a few very very minor things which aren't even worth going in depth over. You'll figure it out. Use a ratchet haha.

Here is your DIY-in-a-nutshell :thumbsup:, rep if it helps.

l99accordx

Reaction score
hahah damnn it i actually just bought a duralast one from autozone...what was your porblem you had with it?

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
hahah damnn it i actually just bought a duralast one from autozone...what was your porblem you had with it?

The problem that I had with it consisted of me installing it, hoping that it would work well, but it either failed to start the car (produced ticking, hence did not engage), or attempted to start the car and it sounded like grinding - very nasty. I took it off, and could tell by my flywheel teeth that they encountered resistance - there was scrapage and bare aluminum that I saw. There was no damage to the function of the car, but it interfered with proper function. I was scared because I thought that I damaged my flywheel and would need a tranny job (keep in mind I had just upgraded both clutch and flywheel prior to this so I was quite pissed!). I decided to wait out a week for shipping of the OEM starter rebuilt by Honda, from www.hondaautomotiveparts.com (Majestic Honda), and glad I waited every second. I immediately returned the faulty sh|t a$$ starter to AutoZone.

Think about it - duralast makes parts for domestics. How can they build something natural to an import? I buy stuff from AutoZone and Advance, but not when it comes to my performance or engine repair.

I recommend getting an OEM Honda rebuilt starter, if you can afford the wait - either not drive, borrow a car, or get rides until it comes in.

Good luck bro! :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back