Sub not responding well?

Jianizzle

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Check this out..

So I recently took my sub out of my car to reseal the box because there were air leaks all over it and I also planned on adding polyfill to "increase" the airspace available in it. Anyways, long story short, I took the sub out for a couple of days and then when I reinstall it, the sub BARELY pounds. Even when I tested it out of the box (freeair?) it barely pounds still. To get it to pound just a little more, I have to turn up the bass boost to the max, add loudness, and basically turn it up ALL THE WAY to get some sort of response from it.

Before taking it out of the car, it hit just as hard without any of the bass enhancements or pushing it. Do you guys have any idea why it won't hit hard anymore?

I have a 12" Phoenix Gold Rsd Sub and a (About 320rms) 760W Pioneer Amp, if that matters. Thanks in advance.

tckm

Reaction score
hm
did you check all the connections?
especially the grounds

Jianizzle

Reaction score
I'd like to think that I did. I unattached them and reattached them all to be sure that the connections were tight. I'm pretty much lost at this point.

tckm

Reaction score
hmmmm honestly so am i
haha
sorry
you could check if the sub is hooked up right (at 2 or 4 ohms im assuming)
and are the settings on your amp the same as they were before?

Soundmanred

Reaction score
Is it a dual voicecoil sub? If so, you probably need to reverse the wiring on one of the coils. If they are hooked up out of phase, they are basically fighting each other.

Jianizzle

Reaction score
I don't think it's a dual voice coil. I just have it hooked up at 4Ohms, I don't know if that makes sense.

Back