Swapping cars from 4cyl model to 6

cvjoint

Reaction score
So lately I've been freaking out about my future on the street. Registration has to be renewed and all my contacts have been busted. While I do love the H22 and I will try to keep it, I can't help but think there is a possibility that either I might not be able to renew my registration or have my hood popped.

I have lots and lots of hard work on this car so I would like to swap it over to a V6 if it comes to it. I would think a 6 speed swap on that would be legit in cali.

So, can I swap:
Door panels
Carbon fiber trunk and hood
Manual A/C dash unit
Alternator
Steering wheel
Seats
Suspension
Sway bars
Camber kit
my '00 bumper and Type R lip and grille
Exhaust-catback
P-spec tunning shifter assembly (with J32A2 transmission)
Gauge cluster overlays?

I know the engine bay is different and I already swapped to 5 lug so I know my wheels would fit. What else is different? I'm worried the front is longer and the hood won't fit.

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
why not pay to pass smog? u don't need to show ur car to pass registration....

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
the engine bay itself isnt different between i4 and v6 models, only where certain things are placed and holes for the intake and such. technically, you can swap a j30 into an original i4 chassis, but theres more work than just swapping the motor in.

everything should swap over to another car fine as well. except for the manual climate control, cuz the wiring for the manual and autos are different, and also is not worth the hassle of figuring out.

MrLazie1

Reaction score
the engine bay itself isnt different between i4 and v6 models, only where certain things are placed and holes for the intake and such. technically, you can swap a j30 into an original i4 chassis, but theres more work than just swapping the motor in.

everything should swap over to another car fine as well. except for the manual climate control, cuz the wiring for the manual and autos are different, and also is not worth the hassle of figuring out.

+1

most coupe model for i4 and the v6 interior are the same. so just swap over.

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
Trade me your car, I will put some cash on top. Im a legit 5 speed F23 with basics.

cvjoint

Reaction score
why not pay to pass smog? u don't need to show ur car to pass registration....

I wasn't planning on it but now I know nobody that will be willing. I guess I'll just makes 20 stops and if no one wants the extra cash I'll undergo the swap. I also need to know this for a 'just in case' scenario.

Trade me your car, I will put some cash on top. Im a legit 5 speed F23 with basics.

As much as I like the Coupe I need more powah to make it worth it! With the J30 I give up some revving abilities for more torque, fair deal. Hunter drove me in his 6 speed it was noticeably faster than my car too, or at least it felt like it, butt dyno feels torque. For the first time I revved the H to 7800rpm or so today, omg that is soo nice, and to think it's an undersquare too.

So to wrap things up the A/C controls swap is a no go, and so is the alternator. That kinda sucks since I have a carputer lcd molded in there and an Irraggi alternator that can take high revs and crank out lots of amps at idle. Maybe Irraggi will make me a V6 HO Alt, but the LCD screen needs to be molded in again...what a *****.

Back